Dawood College of Engineering and Technology (DCET) provides what a discerning student is looking for in a learning environment: academic excellence, quality teaching and constructive activities. The faculty not only teaches but mentors the young fledgling minds. The ever expanding college is fully equipped with facilities of architecture engineering education of international standards.
DCET has invited applications for admission to first year classes for the bachelor degree programs in the following fields:
- Architecture and Planning
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer System Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Energy and Environment Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
The basic qualification for admission in first year classes in the above said branches is HSC (Pre-Engineering) Examinations passed in the year 2010 or earlier but not later than Annual Examinations of 2006 with at least 60% marks secured from any Board of in Pakistan or equivalent examination as recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) recognized degree awarding institutions / universities, and equivalence certificate from the Chairman intermediate Board Committee, Islamabad.
Domicile and PRC:
Candidates for admission under above categories must have Permanent Residence Certificate and Domicile Certificate in respective of their province urban / rural districts.
Entry Test (Pre-admission Test):
All eligible candidates shall have to appear for pre-admission entry test.
Prospectus and Application Forms
Designated branches of National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) for distribution and collection of application forms are:
- Binori Town Branch, Grumundar, Karachi
- Federal Urdu University Branch, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi
- Malir City Branch, Karachi
- Fatima Jinnah Road Branch, Hyderabad
- Main Branch, Nawabshah
- Main Branch, Sukkur
- Main Branch, Larkana
- WAPDA House Branch, Lahore
- District Court Branch, Multan
- Civil Line Branch, Faisalabad
- Farid Gate Branch, Bahawalpur
- Aabpara Branch, Islamabad
- Main Branch, Muzaffarabad (AJK)
- Cantt. Branch, Peshawar
- Main Branch, Abbotabad
- MA Jinnah Road Branch, Quetta
Application forms of Pakistani nationals duly completed in all respects and attached with bank draft / pay order of Rs.325,000 and Rs.500,000 for foreigners drawn in favor of the Principal, DCET should be submitted in the designated branches of the bank latest by December 4, 2010.
Admit Cards for Pre-admission Entry Test must be obtained from the designated branches of NBP at the time of application forms.
No application form will be entertained at Dawood College of Engineering and Technology either in person or by post or courier services.
- Date of issuance of forms and prospectus: November 10, 2010
- Last date for submission of application forms: December 4, 2010
- Entry Test at Karachi and Islamabad: December 26, 2010
- Interviews/Scrutiny of original documents at Karachi: January 10, 2011
- Expected first provisional list of selected candidates: January 17, 2011
- Expected date for the commencement of classes: January 17, 2011
For further information on offered programs, admission guidelines and queries, you may please contact:
Engr. Prof. Javed Iqbal Meher
Telephone: (+92 21) 99238541, 99231195 Ext. 238, 239, 305, 306
Dawood College of Engineering And Technology
M.A Jinnah Road, Karachi-74800, Pakistan.
Telephone: (+92 21) 99231195-96
Fax: (+92 21) 99230710