Dawood College of Engineering and Technology, Karachi, has admissions open against limited seats under self-finance scheme for the academic year 2013. DCET is degree-awarding chartered institution.
Those candidates who have earlier qualified pre-admission entry test conducted by Muhammad Ali Jinnah University on November 18, 2012 in various categories but were unable to get admission and are now interested to be considered for self-finance scheme can re-apply on prescribed performa available in account section of Dawood College of Engineering and Technology along with pay order/ demand draft of Rs.400,000 in favour of Principal, DCET latest by Monday, January 7, 2013 during office hours.
The eligibility criteria for applying under this category is Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) or equivalent examination. Those candidates who have earlier applied for admission on seats reserved for Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) / BSc are not eligible for admission under self-finance scheme.
Note: The merit list as announced by Muhammad Ali Jinnah University shall be followed in case of the allocation of seats as well as department / discipline.
Applications are invited for admissions against 04 seats (02 Sindh Urban / 02 Sindh Rural) reserved for outstanding sportsmen domiciled in Sindh.
- The eligibility criteria for admission is Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks (having passed the examination not before 2010).
- Those candidates who earlier applied on sports category are also required to re-apply to become eligible for consideration.
- The following are the approved sports and games for admission under this category:
- Sports: Athletic, Boxing, Swimming and Rowing.
- Games: Basketball, Cricket, Hockey, Football, Volleyball, Badminton, Tennis, Table Tennis and Squash.
- Subject to the condition that the candidate has re-presented any organization / universities / board or college of Sindh province for the last three years to be calculated from the last date of submission of application form.
- The final selection of the candidates would be made by Government of Sindh, Education and Literacy Department, through a sports admission committee.
- Interested candidates are advised to obtain application form and prospectus from Accounts Office of Dawood College of Engineering and Technology on payment of Rs.1,700 only latest by Monday, December , 2012. Duly filled forms, along with supporting documents can be submitted latest by 12:00 noon on Monday, January 7, 2013 at Accounts Office, Dawood College of Engineering and Technology, Karachi.
For further information, you may please contact:
Chairman Admission Committee,
Dawood College of Engineering and Technology
Telephone: +92 (021) 99231195-8 Ext. 210
Dawood College of Engineering and Technology,
M.A. Jinnah Road, Karachi-74800, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (021) 99231195-98, 99230307
Fax: +92 (021) 99230710