Frontier Medical College, Abbottabad has invited application for admission to MBBS and BDS programs. The programs of study are open to both male and female candidates from all provinces of Pakistan and also to candidates of all nationalities from abroad.
The College was established in 1995. The first ten batches of 621 students have graduated through Bahria University and after registration with Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC), they are working in various government teaching and other hospitals in the country and abroad. Many of them have passed USMLE of USA or PLAB of UK or FCPS examination of Pakistan.
Salient features of Frontier Medical College Abbottabad are:
- Recognized By Ministry of Health, Government of Pakistan Islamabad
- Recognized by PMDC ( Pakistan Medical and Dental Council)
- Affiliated to Bahria University, Islamabad
- In collaboration with the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Included in the “WHO” List of Recognized Medical College
- Included in IMED (International Medical Education Directory ), USA
- Recognized by GMC (General Medical Council ), UK
- Recognized by ECFMG (Education Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates ), USA
- Recognized for USMLE and PLAB Test
- In collaboration with Xinjiang Medical University Urumqi, China
- Its own 300-beds state of the art teaching hospital at the campus
Applicants for admission to MBBS and BDS must have passed:
- F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) from a Board of Intermediate in Pakistan in First Division securing at least 60% marks.
- Or any examination of a foreign university or college/school which in scope and standard is found equivalent to F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) examination of Pakistan, such as:
- The British GCE A-level
- The American / Canadian High School examinations SAT-II or MCAT
- Higher Secondary School examination of the Middle East
- Baccalaureate examination
Invitation for Entry Test and Interview
After scrutinizing all applications, candidates found suitable are informed through letters the date, time and venue of the Entry Test.
The Entry Test is an objective type of examination in the form of multiple choice type of questions (MCQ) based on the standard of F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) in the subjects of English, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
It is a requirement of PMDC that all candidates applying for admission in MBBS or BDS are to appear in the provincial government’s Entry Test in the province of their domicile and they have to submit a copy of the result to the college.
In case of those candidates in whose province Entry Test is not held their Entry Test will be taken by the college.
After the Entry Test, based on merit the top 120 candidates are invited for Aptitude Interview by the Admission Selection Committee of the college.
The date, time and venue of the Aptitude Interview will be communicated individually to the candidates.
Candidates are selected for Admission on Merit which will be based on the Entry Test marks, F.Sc marks, Matriculation marks and Aptitude Interview marks.
Foreign and Overseas Students
Foreign / overseas students are welcome to apply. They must have passed an examination from a university, college or school, which in scope and standard is equivalent to F.Sc (Pre-Medical) (with subjects of Biology, Physics and Chemistry) of Pakistan such as:
- The British G.C.E A-Level examination
- American High School examination
They have to submit their transcript of A-Level and SAT-II score in support of their applications.
Prospectus and Application Form
The College prospectus along with the prescribed application can be obtained from the college or by sending a demand draft or money order of Rs.600 in the name of Frontier Medical College Abbottabad from within Pakistan or US$60 from abroad.
This completed application form accompanied with a demand draft of Rs.1,000 from within Pakistan and US$100 from foreign and overseas applicants in the name of Frontier Medical college, as the Admission Processing Fee should be submitted latest by July 31, 2010.
For further information on offered programs, admission guidelines and queries, you may please contact:
Frontier Medical College Abbottabad
P.O. Public School, Mansehra Road,
Telephone: (+ 92 992) 383568, 380190
Fax: (+92 992) 381028
E-mail 1: firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail 2: email@example.com