Karachi Medical and Dental College and Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, Karachi Metropolitan Corporation, has invited applications on prescribed forms from the eligible candidates for admission in MBBS and BDS for the academic session 2012-2013.
Entrance test forms with prospectus for MBBS and BDS will be available at Karachi Medical and Dental College, Block-M, North Nazimabad, Karachi from September 18, 2012 (on Monday to Thursday and Saturday from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm and on Friday from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon) to September 29, 2012 and last date for submission of forms is October 01, 2012 (up to 2:30 pm).
Detailed information is given in the prospectus of Karachi Medical and Dental College, KMC. No form will be issued or submitted after above mentioned date.
Rs.1,500 (cash) will be required at the time of issuance of entrance test form with prospectus. There is only one form for MBBS and BDS candidates. At the time of issuance of form the attested photocopies of Domicile, P.R.C. and Marks Certificates of Matriculation and Intermediate/ O and A Level / 10th and 12th grade of candidate will have to be submitted.
Read carefully admission policy before filling application form and submitting documents. Filled form will not be refunded.
The candidates who are on merit no. 246 and onward (after declaration of final result) are directed to appear in interview with a pay order of Rs.3,60,000 (Three lacs and sixty thousand rupees) and bank guarantee / advance fee of one year for MBBS / BDS for confirmation of admission on self-finance seats. If they fail to submit above mentioned pay order and bank guarantee / advance fee of one year at the time of interview, next on merit as per order will be offered for admission on self-finance basis in KMDC. They are also directed to bring their original document at the time of interview. No separate letter will be issued in this regard. The dates for interviews of MBBS / BDS are as under:
- Interviews for MBBS / BDS (from merit no. 1 to 200) will be held on November 13, 2012.
- Interviews for MBBS / BDS (From merit no. 201 to 400) will be held on November 14, 2012.
- Interviews for MBBS / BDS (From merit no. 401 to 600) will be held on November 15, 2012.
Eligibility Criteria and Procedure for Open Merit and Self-Finance:
a) Candidates who have passed Intermediate (Science) Pre-Medical group annual examination of 2012 and have secured at least 60% marks.
b) Candidates who have passed 2012 A Level and 12th grade examination (American School) with English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry from Karachi Centre provided equivalence certificate of unadjusted 60% marks is obtained according to formula laid down by the I.B.C.C., Islamabad. They will also have to obtain equivalence for O Level / 10th grade from I.B.C.C., Islamabad.
c) The equivalence certificate of such candidates will not be accepted if he/she has not studied and passed the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in his/her 11th and 12th grade/ O Level and A Level examination.
d) Candidates should have passed last two examinations (Matriculation and Intermediate, O Level and A Level and 10th and 12th grade) from the Karachi Centre / Board. Candidates having passed the above mentioned examinations at the centers located outside Pakistan through Federal Board, Islamabad will be accepted.
e) The candidates who have appeared in the Intermediate Science examination 2012 for an improvement are eligible to apply only if they have improved the grade/percentage of marks. The proof to that effect is mandatory and 5 marks will be deducted for each attempt.
f) Domicile and P.R.C of Karachi.
g) If the candidate’s parents are government employee and the candidate has passed his/her any one examination other than Karachi Board, he/she will be eligible provided his/her parent’s deputation letter from the respective department’s obtained.
h) Written aptitude test will be held to select the candidates. The test will consist of MCQs from Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English at par to H.Sc examination.
i) The weightage of marks for determination of merit will be calculated as under:
- Entry Test: 50 %
- H.S.C.: 40 %
- S.S.C.: 10 %
j) Candidates will be finally selected after interview by the admission committee of KMDC on the basis of merit list. Candidates are required to produce and submit their original documents at that time.
k) All selected candidates will be examined by a Medical Board of KMDC before depositing fees.
l) 250 (two hundred and fifty) admissions for MBBS and 100 (hundred) admissions for BDS will be made for the academic session 2012-2013.
m) 20 % MBBS and BDS seats are reserved for Self-Finance.
n) 10 % MBBS and BDS seats are reserved for foreigners/overseas Pakistanis.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreigners/Overseas Pakistanis:
i) The candidate should have passed Matriculation / O Level / equivalent examination from an institution outside Pakistan.
ii) The candidate should have passed Intermediate (Science) / A Level / equivalent examination from an institution outside Pakistan. The candidate must have passed Biology, Chemistry and Physics / Mathematics in A Level / equivalence examination.
iii) The candidate should have I.B.C.C equivalence certificate, if examination passed are other than Matriculation and Intermediate (Science) or they have to submit SAT II (science subjects) score of minimum 550.
iv) Those Pakistani national students and foreigners who have obtained the required qualification for the entry test from abroad shall be eligible for admission on the foreign seats and shall either have to appear in the entry test or present the University the requisite SAT score.
v) The students who are residing abroad or who have achieved their qualifications required for the entry test from abroad shall be eligible to appear in test if they have passed three science subjects out of which two have to be Biology and Chemistry.
vi) The candidates having minimum SAT II score of 550 marks shall be exempted from the entry test and shall be required to appear only in the interview. TOFEL or IELT score of 500 or 5.5 shall be required from the students who have obtained their required qualification from those institutions where the medium of instruction for these qualifications is not English. An alternate to TOEFL and IELT is a certificate by NUML Islamabad after a one year English language course.
vii) If the candidate have passed above mentioned examinations from Pakistan but his/her father/guardian is working abroad (documentary proof needed). Father’s / guardian’s CNIC from NADRA issued as overseas Pakistani. He/she can apply an as overseas candidate.
viii) The selection and merit criteria for overseas candidates will be the marks of I.B.C.C equivalence or SAT II score (equated with I.B.C.C formula).
ix) After verification of documents and allocation of seat, bank draft of $12,000 (twelve thousand US dollars) in favor of Karachi Medical and Dental College is to be submitted along with the original documents as fee of First Year.
1. The issuance and submission of form is not guarantee for admission until the final selection of student and submission of original documents with required amount of fee.
2. National Identity card of the candidate from NADRA of Karachi with permanent address of Karachi if he/she is above 18 years or “B” Form if he/she is below 18 years of age is essential.
3. Father’s Domicile Certificate of Karachi and National Identity Card from NADRA with permanent address of Karachi.
4. The domicile certificate of mother (Karachi) shall only be accepted in case where father has expired (and no domicile certificate was issued to him) or there has been remarriage / separation, for which a valid document will be needed.
5. Bank guarantee of one year for MBBS and one year for BDS is mandatory for confirmation of admission on self-finance seats. Otherwise next on merit as per merit list will be offered for admission on self-finance in KMDC.
6. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the entrance test without the admit card.
7. All male and female candidates will only be allowed to appear in the Entry Test after being identified with complete face exposure by authorized persons.
8. Attested copies of documents will be accepted along with affidavit regarding original documents at the time of submission of form.
9. Receipts of submitting any pertinent document including domicile, P.R.C or CNIC shall not be accepted.
10. The college does not provide any special preparation and has not authorized any institution for preparatory classes for the test.
11. Entrance test form should be submitted by the candidate only.
12. Strictly no personal contacts.
Documents to be submitted with application form for categories of Open Merit and Self-Finance (please arrange documents in following sequence):
- National Identity card of the candidate from NADRA of Karachi with permanent address of Karachi if he/she is above 18 years or “B” Form if he/she is below 18 years of age is essential.
- N.I.C. of Father’s of NADRA with permanent address of Karachi.
- H.Sc Marks Sheet.
- Previous H.Sc Marks Sheet (in case of improvement).
- S.Sc Marks Sheet.
- S.Sc Certificate.
- Candidate’s Domicile and PRC of Karachi.
- Father’s Domicile of Karachi.
- The domicile certificate of mother (Karachi) shall only be accepted in case where father has expired (and no domicile certificate was issued to him) or there has been remarriage / separation, for which a valid document will be needed.
- In case candidate has passed any one examination S.Sc / H.Sc other than Karachi Board He/She will have to produce deputation letter of the respective department of parents. (The condition is applicable for those students whose parents are Government Employee).
- Acknowledgement receipt of documents submitted in any other institution for the admission purpose.
- Six recent passport size photographs. One photographs paste on Application form (without attestation), two on Admit cards (without attestation) and the other three attested photograph from the back enclosed with the application form.
- Undertaking from candidates regarding original documents on stamp paper duly attested by Oath Commissioner is enclosed with entrance test form on payment of Rs.50.
- Only the candidates should submit entrance test form.
- Candidate’s who have passed 2012 A Level and 12th grade examination (American School) with English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry from Karachi Centre may apply, provided equivalence certificate of unadjusted 60% marks is obtained according to formula laid down by I.B.C.C. (Inter Board Chairman Committee), Islamabad. They will also have to obtain equivalence for “O” level and 10th grade from I.B.C.C.
- Two self-addressed envelope (4.5 x 8.5 inches) with postage stamp of Rs. 15 (fifteen rupees) affixed.
- Receipts of submitting any pertinent document including domicile, P.R.C or CNIC shall not be accepted.
- Attested copies of documents will be accepted.
For further information, you may please contact:
Karachi Medical and Dental College,
Block “M” North Nazimabad, Karachi, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (021) 99260300-1
Fax: +92 (021) 99260306
E-mail: info (at) kmdc.edu.pk