College of Nursing at Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS), Islamabad, has invited applications for admission in Post RN B.Sc. Nursing for session 2012-2013. The college is affiliated with University of Health Sciences (UHS), Lahore.
Criteria for Admission
- 03 years General Nursing Diploma with at least 2nd Division dully verified from concerned Nursing Examination Board.
- 01 year Midwifery Diploma with at least 2nd division dully verified from concerned Nursing Examination Board. Specialized Nursing of one year duration in any subspecialty is compulsory for male candidates.
- Equivalence Certificate from the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen, Ministry of Education, H-8/4, Islamabad.
- Current Registration with Pakistan Nursing Council.
- 02 years experience of clinical job in any recognized Hospital.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Proficiency in English speaking reading and writing.
Distribution of Seats
|1||Private candidates on Open Merit.||15|
|2||Federal Govt. Hospitals nominees including PIMS||3|
|3||Punjab Health Department nominees||1|
|4||Sindh Health Department nominees||1|
|5||Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA Health Department nominees||1|
|6||Baluchistan Health Department nominees||1|
|7||Defence Services (AFNS) nominees||1|
|8||Azad and Jammu Kashmir Health Department Nominees||1|
|9||Gilgit Baltistan Health Department nominees||1|
Prospectus is available from Accounts Branch, College of Nursing, PIMS G-8/3, Islamabad on payments of Rs.500 (Rs.150 will also be charged for courier service for outstation candidates.)
Duly completed admission application form along with the attested copies of testimonials and requisite documents should be sent to the Office of the Principal, College of Nursing, PIMS, G-8/3, Islamabad by November 05, 2011.
- Photocopied and incomplete forms will not be entertained.
- Names of shortlist candidates will be displayed on November 15, 2011 at 0900 hrs. Written test will be held on November 21, 2011 at 0900 hrs.
- Successful candidates in written test will appear for interview on November 23, 2011 at 0900 hrs.
- Offer letter to the selected students will dispatch on December 03, 2011.
- Regular classes will commence from 2nd week of January 2012.
- No further call letters will be issued for interviews. Applicants should bring with them the original diplomas, registrations and national identity card on the day of interview.
- Appearance in written test and interview is mandatory for departmental candidates who fulfill the requisite admission criteria . These candidates should bring No Objection Certificate from their respective institutional heads.
- No TA/DA will be admissible.
For further information, you may please contact:
College of Nursing,
Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS),
G-8/3, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (051) 9261195