Applications are invited on prescribed Admission Forms by University of Health Sciences, from candidates having domicile (no other certificate is acceptable) of any district of Punjab or Federal Capital Area (Islamabad) and who have appeared in the Entrance Test held on September 23, 2012, for admission to government medical and dental colleges of the Punjab.
Who Can Apply
- For admission against Open Merit seats, only those candidates having an aggregate score of 80% or above marks(excluding Huffaz-e-Quran) can apply.
- According to Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) regulations, aggregate marks shall be calculated by adding the marks as follows:
- Matriculation or equivalent: 10%
- FSc or equivalent: 40%
- UHS Entrance Test: 50
The formula for calculation of Aggregate Marks is also available on University of Health Sciences (UHS) website.
- The aforementioned condition is not applicable to candidates seeking admission against any category of reserved seats (Disabled Students, Under-Developed Districts, Cholistan) who can apply if they fulfill basic eligibility criteria as laid down in the Prospectus and also available on UHS website.
- There are 09 seats available on reciprocal basis for Punjab domiciled candidates in the medical colleges of Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Azad Jammu and Kashmir. Candidates applying against open merit seats can exercise their option for these seats as well. No separate application will be invited for these seats
Formula for the Calculation of Aggregate Marks
x = marks obtained in Matriculation or equivalent
A = total marks in Matriculation or equivalent (850 or 900 or 1050)
y = marks obtained in FSc out of total 1100 marks
z = marks obtained in Entrance Test out of total 1100 marks
Then the formula for calculation of aggregate marks is as follows:
x/A x 1100 x 0.10 + y x 0.40 + z x 0.50 = Aggregate Marks
Marks obtained in Matriculation = 908/1050
Marks obtained in FSc = 944/1100
Marks obtained in Entrance Test = 840/1100
By applying the aforementioned formula:
908/ 1050 x 1100 x 0.10 + 944 x 0.40 + 840 x 0.50
Aggregate Marks = 95.12 + 377.6 + 420 = 892.72
Aggregate Percentage = 892.72 x 100 /1100 = 81.1563
How to Apply
- The Admission Kits containing Prospectus and Admission Form, will be available, free of cost, from October 31, 2012 to November 10, 2012 (excluding Sunday and Iqbal Day), from 09:00 am to 03:00 pm at:
- University of Health Sciences, Khayaban-e-Jamia Punjab, Lahore
- Rawalpindi Medical College Rawalpindi
- Nishtar Medical College Multan
The candidates will have to provide the attested copies of their Matriculation, FSc (or equivalent) and Entrance Test Result Cards and domicile certificate to be able to get the Admission Kit.
- Candidates must submit the duly filled Admission Forms along with all required documents as provided in the Prospectus, in person at the center from where they received their kit, from October 31, 2012 to November 10, 2012 (excluding Sunday and Iqbal Day), from 09:00 am to 03:00 pm. Admission forms received by post shall not be entertained.
- Candidates will give their preference for medical and dental colleges in one single admission form which once given shall be final and cannot be changed subsequently. An applicant shall not be considered for a college he/she has not named in his/her order of preference. One candidate can only submit one form. There is no need to submit separate forms for MBBS and BDS.
- Forms once submitted shall not be returned. Incomplete or unsigned admission forms will be rejected.
|Test of Huffaz-e-Quran||October 08 to 13, 2012|
|Availability of Prospectus and Admission Forms||October 31 to November 10, 2012 (excluding Sunday and Iqbal Day)|
|Submission of Admission Forms for Open Merit and Reserved seats (Under-Developed Districts, Cholistan and Disabled Students)||October 31 to November 10, 2012 (excluding Sunday and Iqbal Day)|
|Medical Board for Disabled Candidates||November 14 to 17, 2012|
|First Selection List for MBBS (Open Merit, Under-Developed Districts, Cholistan and Disabled Students)||November 26, 2012|
|Commencement of classes in medical colleges||December 13, 2012|
|Second Selection List for MBBS||December 20, 2012|
|First Selection List for BDS (Open Merit, Under-developed Districts and Disabled Students)||December 27, 2012|
|Commencement of BDS classes||January 14, 2013|
- No admission form will be accepted after 03:00 pm on Saturday, November 10, 2012.
- Once the admission form is submitted, no other document (e.g., revised marks certificate, domicile certificate, etc) shall be acceptable. The documents submitted with the form shall be considered as final.
- Candidates having foreign qualifications such as A/O Level etc., shall have to provide the Equivalence Certificate issued by Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC).
- Any candidate found to have submitted forged certificates or fake documents with the admission form shall be permanently debarred from admission to any medical/dental college.
- Candidates and their parents are advised to carefully go through the Prospectus before filling up the Admission Form.
For more details, keep on visiting University of Health Sciences website
For further information, you may please contact:
Chairman Admission Board,
Medical and Dental Institutions of the Punjab.
Telephone: +92 (042) 99231304-9
UAN: +92 (042) 111-3333-66
Fax: +92 (042) 99230870
Website : www.uhs.edu.pk