The Higher Education Commission (HEC), Islamabad, has approved the launch of 2-year Associate Degree program to be offered by the public and private (sector) universities/degree awarding institutions.
The Associate Degree is designed to help prepare professionals in disciplines of immediate application and relevance to the market. It is equivalent to a Bachelor (Pass) degree.
Guidelines for Associate Degree Program:
- Universities/Degree Awarding Institutes (DAIs) intending to launch Associate Degree program will be registered with the Commission and an updated web page with recognized degree programs will be maintained by HEC.
- Admission requirement for Associate Degree shall be Intermediate/12-year schooling or equivalent. It shall be awarded upon completing 65-68 credit hours in a four semesters/two years program which will be offered through specially designated campuses / constituent colleges of the universities and not on the main or principal campus of the university/institution.
- The degree shall be considered as equal to 14-year Bachelor (Pass) degree.
- The degree shall not be offered to students enrolled for BS program at the main campus of the university/institution and, hence, shall not be an exit path for these students.
- Students enrolled for Associate Degree program may undertake BS Program seeking admission in 5th semester of the program, if allowed by the university.
The advertisement is for information of all public and private (sector) universities/Degree Awarding Institutions for launching this program and prospective students desirous of seeking admission in Associate Degree programs.
Details along with the checklist for launching Associate Degree program is available at HEC website.
For further information, you may please contact:
Higher Education Commission (HEC)
H-9, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (051) 90402442-44