The Community College Initiative Program will support Pakistani young professionals at accredited U.S. community colleges for one year of non-degree study.
Programs are being offered in the following fields:
- Applied Engineering
- Business Management and Administration
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Health (Nursing and Technicians)
Participants are expected to return to Pakistan immediately following the completion of their U.S. program.
Program funding will cover round-trip travel, book allowance, tuition, housing and a health benefit plan.
- Pakistani citizen (resident in Pakistan)
- Currently employed in one of the fields listed above
- 14-15 years of education (2-year Bachelors)
- English language proficiency
- Potential to have a positive impact on Pakistan’s future development and demonstrated leadership
How to apply?
The application can be downloaded from www.usefpakistan.org. Complete application package including academic transcripts and three letters of reference must be submitted by close of business, October 27, 2010.
Dependents are not allowed for any part of this program.
Individuals with a Masters or other advanced degree are ineligible. For all USEFP programs, persons with a dual U.S. / Pakistan nationality, who have applied for immigration in a third country, or who have a parent, spouse, fiancé or child over 18 years of age who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident are ineligible.
Employees of the Fulbright organization or the U.S. Department of State are also ineligible.
The deadline is October 27, 2010.
Women, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For further information, you may please contact:
The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan
P.O. Box 1128, Islamabad – 44000, Pakistan.
Telephone: (+92 51) 8431300
Fax: (+92 51) 8431555