The University of Health Sciences (UHS), Lahore will conduct Entrance Test for admission into public and private medical and dental institutions of the Punjab on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 9:00 am.
Passing Entrance Test of UHS, with a minimum score of 60% marks, is mandatory for admission into all public or private sector medical or dental institution of the Punjab. It is also a mandatory requirement for University Registration of MBBS and BDS students admitted in all affiliated institutions.
Eligibility Criteria for Entrance Test
- A candidate who has appeared in F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) Part-II or equivalent examination, provided that:
- He / she presents F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) Part-I Marks Certificate attested by the Head of his/her institution.
- He / she provides a Certificate issued by the Head of the institute where he / she is admitted stating that he / she has appeared in F.Sc. (Part-II) or equivalent.
- A candidate who has passed F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) or equivalent Examination with a minimum of 65% Marks (excluding the marks of Hifz-e-Quran).
Format of Entrance Test
- Entrance Test shall consist of 220 multiple choice questions (MCQs) which will be divided in four sections, namely:
- Physics – 60 MCQs
- Chemistry – 60 MCQs
- English – 30 MCQs
- Biology – 70 MCQs
- Time allowed for the Entrance Test shall be 150 minutes.
- Entrance Test pass percentage is 60%.
Syllabus of Entrance Test
- There shall be separate tests for F.Sc. and Non-F.Sc. candidates at the same time from their respective syllabi and books.
- Non-F.Sc. candidates taking the test of F.Sc. students shall be disqualified from the test and vice versa.
- Syllabi for both F.Sc. and Non-F.Sc. Groups are available at UHS website www.uhs.edu.pk.
Centers for Entrance Test
- Entrance Test 2010 will be held simultaneously in following cities:
|Southern Punjab||Bahawalpur, Multan, Rahim Yar Khan.and Dera Ghazi Khan|
|Central Punjab||Lahore, Faisalabad, Sahiwal, Gujrat, Gujranwala, and Sargodha|
|Northern Punjab||Rawalpindi and Hasan Abdal|
- Candidates can mention on their application form the centre city from which they wish to appear in the test. Centers will be allotted by UHS subject to administrative / logistic arrangements which shall not be changed subsequently.
How to Apply for Entrance Test
- Entrance Test Application Form, Information Bulletin and Model Papers will be available at UHS and all public sector medical and dental colleges of the province from June 20 to 26, 2010 (including Sunday) from 08:30 am to 01:30 pm.
- The Entrance Test Application Form, Information Bulletin and Model Papers can also be downloaded from the UHS website www.uhs.edu.pk.
- Candidates will submit the duly filled application form along with three passport size photographs attested at the back and copies of F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) Part-I (Part II where available) or Equivalent Examination Certificate and Matric or Equivalent Examination Certificate attested by the Principal of his/her college along with two self addressed and stamped envelopes.
- The candidate will submit his/her application from June 27 to July 4, 2010 in the same city from where he/she wishes to appear in the Entrance Test between 08:30 am to 01:30 pm.
Orientation seminars for candidates who are appearing in Entrance Test 2010 will be conducted in Lahore, Faisalabad, Multan, Bahawalpur, Rahim Yar Khan, Dera Ghazi Khan, Sahiwal, Gujranwala, Gujrat, Sargodha and Rawalpindi between July 5 to July 15, 2010.
The exact dates and venues will be notified in the newspapers later.
- Admission process for public sector medical / dental institutions for the Punjab is separate from that of the Entrance Test.
- Admission shall be made strictly according to the rules and regulation and Merit contained in the Prospectus for Session 2010-11, which will be available in August 2010.
- Admission process shall be duly advertised in the national press in the month of August 2010.
- It should be noted that last year the last merit for admission in Public Medical / Dental Colleges in Punjab was 82.6% (aggregate).
- Candidates must reach their respective centers one hour before the commencement of Entrance Test.
- Complaint, if any, against the result may be lodged within 15 days of the declaration of result of Entrance Test. No complaint will be entertained thereafter.
- The Government of Punjab has decided to conduct Entrance Test free of charge. No costs will be paid by the Candidate at any level.
Chairman Admission Board
University of Health Sciences,
Telephone: (+9242) 99231304 – 9 UAN: 111-3333-66
Fax: (+9242) 99230870
If this post was of interest to you, you may also like to sign up for daily e-mail alerts to know about latest education opportunities in Pakistan.