Gomal University, Dera Ismail Khan, is running quality research programs in various disciplines under the supervision of highly qualified staff of repute. Admissions are now open for 2011 session to the following programs of research according to the given schedule.
M.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture / MS / M.Phil. Programs
M.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture Programs
- Agronomy, Plant Breeding and Genetics, Horticulture, Food Sciences and Technology, Agricultural Chemistry, Soil and Environmental Sciences, Entomology
- Computer Sciences
- Management Studies, Business Administration, Islamic Studies, Education, Mass Communication, Economics, Mathematics, Biological Sciences, Physics, Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Candidate possessing at least second division or an average of C grade with CGPA 2.5/4.0 in M.Sc. / MA / B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture degree from this university or equivalent qualification from any other recognized university in the relevant subject.
- Agronomy, Plant Breeding and Genetics, Horticulture, Agricultural Chemistry, Management Studies, Business Administration, Islamic Studies, Education, Mass Communication, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Biological Sciences (Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology), Chemistry, Computer Sciences
- M.Phil. / MS / M.Sc. (Hons) / equivalent degree with minimum 3.00 CGPA or First Division in the relevant field from this university or equivalent degree from any other recognized university.
|Program||Day and Date|
|Last Date for receipt of application forms along with attested copies of all educational documents Matric and onward, DMCs, domicile certificate and National Identity Card.||13-May-2011 (Friday)|
|Entry Test GAT (Subject) Test for Ph.D candidates|
Timing: 9:00 a.m.
GAT (General) for M.Sc (Hons) Agriculture / MS / M.Phil candidates:
Timing: 2:00 a.m.
Venue: Wensam College, City Campus, Gomal University
|Declaration of Entry Test Result||28-May-2011 (Saturday)|
|Interview of the candidates qualifying the Entry Test.||30-May-2011 (Monday)|
|Display of merit list of provisionally selected candidates on the Notice Board of department concerned.||31-May-2011 (Tuesday)|
|Issuance of Notification of selected candidates after approval from the University Advanced Studies and Research Board and deposit of dues.||02 to 04-Jun-2011 (Thursday to Saturday)|
|Start of Classes||06-Jun-2011 (Monday)|
Note: Those candidates applying for M.Sc. (Hons) /M.S/M.Phil./Ph.D. admission and have passed GAT (General) / GAT (subject) Test from NTS, as the case may, will be exempted from the Test.
Application forms will be available in the departments concerned of the Gomal University on payment of Rs.500 plus Rs.400 Entry Test Fee (to be deposited in National Bank Gomal University Branch & Allied Bank Faqirni Gate, D.I.Khan Branch).
All the applications be sent / submitted direct to the Heads of Departments concerned. Time barred (if mailed earlier), incomplete and applications of ineligible candidates shall not be entertained. In case during scrutiny of applications, if any applicant was found in-eligible he will not be considered for admission.
No separate call letter will be issued and all the information about admission will be notified on the Notice Board of the respective departments / University website.
The application form can also be downloaded from the Gomal University website (www.gu.edu.pk) and sent to the department concerned along with bank draft of Rs.900 in the name of Director Finance, Gomal University.