Higher Education Commission has invited applications for the award of scholarships for 4-years Undergraduate and 2-years Postgraduate programs under the project “Provision of Higher Education Opportunities for the students of Balochistan and FATA.”
— 4 years Undergraduate and 2-years Postgraduate degree programs in any discipline.
Domicile: Balochistan or FATA
Age: Maximum 22 years on August 13, 2010 for undergraduate program
a) For Undergraduates: FA/F.Sc./I.Com/A-Level or equivalent with minimum 60% marks.
b) For Postgraduates: BA/B.Sc. or equivalent in any discipline with minimum 45% marks.
How to Apply and General Information
- Scholarship details and application forms can be downloaded from webpage: www.hec.gov.pk/balochistan-fata. Application forms are also available at HEC Regional Center, Hayatabad, Phase V, Peshawar (Phone: 091 -9217643) and HEC Regional Center, University Law College, Quetta (Phone: 081 -92017911)
- Type or fill the application form in capital letters.
- Attach attested photocopies of following documents with application form:
- SSC /O-level certificate and marks sheet.
- HSSC/ F.Sc./A-level certificate and marks sheet.
- BA/ B.Sc. or equivalent degree and marks sheet (for postgraduate program only)
- Applicant’s Computerized NIC or Form B
- Applicant’s Domicile Certificate
- Father’s or Guardian’s Computerized NIC
- Father’s or Guardian’s Domicile Certificate
- Two attested passport size recent photographs
- Equivalence Certificate from IBCC (in case of O-level/A-level)
- An amount of Rs.500 as application processing fee (non-refundable) may be deposited in the HEC Online A/C No. 17427900133401 in Habib Bank Limited, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, Sector H-9, Islamabad (Attach original receipt with application form).
- Preference will be given to those candidates who are already admitted in Public Sector Universities/Institutions.
- O-level/A-level applicants will have to provide equivalence certificate and proof of grades/percentage from IBCC (Mandatory).
- Selection will be based on merit and observing regional/district/agency quota as prescribed by the respective Governments.
- HEC will facilitate the fresh students for admission but the final responsibility to secure admission at any Public Sector University/Degree awarding Institute lies with the candidate himself.
- HEC reserves the right to accept or reject any application without giving any reason.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after due date will not be entertained.
Closing Date of Application
- The application forms completed in all respects along with all the required documents should be sent by the registered post or courier service till August 13,2010 (during office hours).
- Send the application to address given below.
Waqas Ahmed Chaudhry
Balochistan & FATA Scholarship Program
Higher Education Commission, Sector H-9, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Telephone: (+92 51) 90808122, 90808057