The Islamia University of Bahawalpur (IUB) has invited applications on prescribed forms for admissions to M.Phil. / MS and Ph.D. programs under semester and LL.M. under annual system for Spring Semester 2012 in the following subjects:
M.Phil. / MS / LL.M.
Arabic, Botany, Chemistry, Economics, Education, English, History, Islamic Studies, LL.M. (Annual System), Mathematics, Media Studies, Pakistan Studies, Persian, Pharmacy, Phytomedicine, Physics, Political Science, Statistics, Zoology
Agronomy, Arabic, Chemistry, English, History, Islamic Studies, Mathematics, Media Studies, Pakistan Studies, Pharmacy, Physics, Political Science, Statistics
Eligibility for Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.)
- M.Phil. / MS: At least second class master degree or sixteen years of education or equivalent (in relevant subject) recognized by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
- LL.M.: Second class LL.B. with at least 55 % aggregate marks in annual system or a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in semester system.
- Valid GAT (General) result conducted by National Testing Service (NTS) with a minimum 50 marks.
- Those who have not already qualified the GAT (General) will have to appear in NTS test on February 18, 2012 in the main auditorium, Baghdad-ul-Jadeed Campus, the Islamia University of Bahawalpur.
- In addition to GAT (General), subject test will also be conducted for admission to MS in Botany and Zoology by the Department of Life Sciences on February 11, 2012.
Eligibility for Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- M.Phil. / eighteen years of education or equivalent (in the relevant subject) recognized by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan with at least 3.00 CGPA in semester system or 65% marks in case of annual system.
- The candidates should have qualified GRE (International) subject with 60% percentile or GAT subject conducted by NTS with 60% cumulative score before admission.
- Ph.D. course work followed by comprehensive examination is pre-requisite to ABD (all but dissertation) status.
- No special GAT subject for admission to Ph.D. will be arranged by the university.
|Last date for submission of application forms||February 10, 2012|
|GAT-General Test (for M.Phil./MS/LL.M.) at main auditorium, Baghdad-ul-Jadeed Campus||February 18, 2012 (9:00 am)|
|Interview in the respective departments||February 18, 2012|
|Display of merit list in the respective departments and university website||February 23, 2012 (Evening)|
|Last date for deposit of fee and dues||February 28, 2012|
|Commencement of classes||February 28, 2012|
Application forms can be obtained from Habib Bank Limited, the Islamia University of Bahawalpur branch on the payment of Rs.150 or can be downloaded from the university website. However, a bank challan or demand draft/pay order of Rs.150 in favor of Treasurer, the IUB must be attached with the downloaded form.
The candidates are required to deposit Rs.400 as application processing fee. A bank challan of HBL branch of IUB or demand draft/pay order of Rs. 800 in favor of Treasurer, the Islamia University of Bahawalpur as GAT (General) test fee should also be deposited by the candidates for admission to M.Phil. / MS / LL.M. along with the application form.
The candidates having valid GAT (General) test results issued by NTS need not deposit the entry test fee.
The applications complete in all respects should reach the “One Window Admissions” at the academic branch, Abbasia Campus by February 10, 2012 during office hours.
For further information, you may please contact:
The Islamia University of Bahawalpur (IUB),
Abbasia Campus, Bahawalpur, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (062) 9250236-38
Fax: +92 (062) 9250335