King Edward Medical University (KEMU), Lahore, is offering admission to 4-5 years MD/MS programs (terminal qualifications in clinical subjects) in the following disciplines for the session starting from April 2011.
- MD (Dermatology)
- MD (Gastroenterology)
- MD (Internal Medicine)
- MD (Neurology)
- MD (Pediatrics)
- MD (Psychiatry)
- MD (Cardiology)
- MD (Radiology)
- MD (Preventive Medicine)
- MD (Family Medicine)
- MD (Oncology/Radiotherapy)
- MS (Ear, Nose and Throat)
- MS (General Surgery)
- MS (Neurosurgery)
- MS (Obst. and Gynecology)
- MS (Ophthalmology)
- MS (Orthopedic Surgery)
- MS (Pediatric Surgery)
- MS (Thoracic Surgery)
- MS (Urology)
- MS (Anesthesia)
- MS (Cardiac Surgery)
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualifications recognized by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC).
- Valid PMDC registration certificate.
- Certificate of completion of one year House Job.
Non-mandatory Part-I preparatory course will be held at King Edward Medical University from January 31, 2011 to February 28, 2011.
Part-I Examination will be held on March 22, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. in the Library Hall, King Edward Medical University, Lahore.
The candidates intending to apply for MS in ENT, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Ophthalmology will have separate Part-I Examination on the same date.
All candidates intending to apply for other specialties of MS or MD will have a common Part-I examination.
Important Dates and Fee
- Last date of applications for Part-I preparatory course is January 24, 2011 along with course fee Rs.3,500 (non-refundable).
- Last date of applications for Part-I Examination is March 10, 2011 with examination fee Rs.2,500 (non-refundable).
- The successful candidates of King Edward Medical University Part-I Examination will submit their applications for admission into MD/MS program up to April 4, 2011.
- Processing fee with applications is Rs.2,500 (non-refundable).
- Admission/Registration for MD/MS program will be according to availability of training slots for applicants fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
No stipend, accommodation is promised by the university.
For further information on offered programs, admission guidelines and queries, you may please contact:
Assistant Registrar (Academics),
King Edward Medical University (KEMU),
Patiala Block, Nila Gumbad, Lahore, Pakistan.
Prof. Dr. Asad Aslam Khan,
King Edward Medical University (KEMU,