Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences, Jamshoro, ranked second top medical university in Pakistan, has invited applications on prescribed forms from the candidates domiciled in District Hyderabad, Tando Mohammad Khan, Tando Allahyar, Matiari, Shaheed Benazirabad (Nawabshah), Sanghar, Mirpurkhas, Umerkot, Tharparkar, Thatta, Badin and Jamshoro for admission in the category of Open Merit, UEAP (University Education Assistance Program-self merit) and UDP (University Development Program) in 1st Year MBBS and BDS classes for the Academic Session 2010-2011.
The application forms can be obtained from the following branches of Habib Bank Limited (HBL) on payment of Rs.200 as cost for prospectus / application form.
International prospective students should visit the website.
Prescribed application forms along-with all the mandatory documents must accompany original bank challan/deposit slip of Rs.1,200 (Rupees One Thousand Two Hundred only), non refundable, deposited in the LUMHS Admission Account No.0072-7900180901 at any of the following designated branches of HBL in the name of Vice-Chancellor, LUMHS Jamshoro as Entrance Test Fee along with required documents.
List of HBL branches:
- University of Sindh Old Campus Hyderabad
- Jail Road Hyderabad
- Qasimabad Hyderabad
- Latifabad No. 11
- Latifabad No.07
- Nawabshah PMC Branch
- LUMHS Booth Jamshoro
- Tando Mohammad Khan
- Tando Allahyar
- Satellite Town Mirpurkhas
- Dhoro Naro
- HBL Mehran Hotel Karachi
- Date of issuing / inviting applications: August 25, 2010
- Last date for submission of applications: September 7, 2010
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in their Intermediate (Pre-Medical) or A Level / Equivalent in Annual or Supplementary Examination 2009 or Annual Examination 2010.
- Application form must be accompanied with the relevant documents, in triplicate, duly attested by a Grade 18 or above Government Officer. The application form must be submitted to the notified HBL Branches at their respective District, and candidate must obtain receipt. The applications received after the above mentioned date shall not be considered / accepted.
- The Entrance Test for admission shall be held on Sunday September 19, 2010.
- Rules of admission, allocation of seats, and other details have been laid down in the prospectus for the Session 2010-2011. The application form is available in the prospectus.
- Time and Venue of the Entrance Test will be mentioned on Admit Card which can be collected from the HBL Branch where the original application was submitted.
- Incomplete applications or applications submitted after the last date will not be accepted.
- Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences Jamshoro has not authorized any institutions or individual to conduct the preparation for the Entrance Test.
- The representatives at HBL Branches are authorized to check the eligibility criteria as mentioned in the Prospectus, before accepting application forms.
- In case of ineligibility, the forms will not be accepted by the Bank.
For further information, you may please contact:
Muhammad Saleh Rajar, Registrar
Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences,
Jamshoro, Sindh, Pakistan.
Telephone: (+92 22) 9213320-21