Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS), Islamabad has invited applications for admission in Post RN B.Sc. Nursing for session 2011-2012 at College of Nursing, PIMS, G-8/3, Islamabad, which is affiliated with University of Health Sciences, Lahore.
Criteria for Admission
- 03 years General Nursing Diploma with at least 2nd Division dully verified from concerned Nursing Examination Board.
- 01 year Midwifery Diploma with at least 2nd division dully verified from concerned Nursing Examination Board. Specialized Nursing of one year duration in any subspecialty is compulsory for Male candidates.
- Equivalence Certificate from the Chairmen of Internal Board Committee, Ministry of Education, H-8/4, Islamabad
- Current Registration with Pakistan Nursing Council.
- 02 year experience of clinical job in any recognized Hospital.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Proficiency in English speaking, reading and writing.
Distribution of Seats
- Private candidates on Open Merit: 15
- Federal Government Hospitals nominees including PIMS: 03
- Punjab Health Department nominees: 01
- Sindh Health Department nominees: 01
- NWFP & FATA/FANA Health Department nominees: 01
- Baluchistan Health Department nominees: 01
- Defense Services (AFNS) nominees: 01
- Azad and Jammu Kashmir Health Deptt. Nominees: 01
- Gilgit Baltistan Health Department nominees: 01
Prospectus available from Accounts Branch, College of Nursing, PIMS G-8/3, Islamabad on payment of Rs.500 ( Rs.150 will also be charged for courier service for out station candidates). Duly completed form along with the attested copies of testimonials and requisite documents should be sent to the Office of the Principal, College of Nursing, PIMS, G-8/3, Islamabad by October 30, 2010.
Photocopied and incomplete forms will not be entertained.
Written Test will be held on November 10, 2010 at 0900 hrs. Successful candidates in written test will appear for interview on November 11, 2010 at 0900 hrs.
No further call letters will be issued for interviews. Applicants should bring with them the original diplomas, registrations and National Identity card on the day of interview.
Admission forms are also available at Web site of Ministry of Health www.health.gov.pk and PIMS www.pims.gov.pk.
Appearance in Written Test and Interviews is mandatory for departmental candidates who fulfill the requisite admission criteria. These candidates should bring No objection certificate from their respective institutional head.
No TA/DA will be admissible.
For further information and queries, you may please contact:
Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS),
Telephone: (+92 51) 9261195