Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC), Institute of Advanced Studies in Agriculture, has admissions open to Ph.D. / M.Phil. programs for the session Spring 2012. The institute is affiliated with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Agricultural University, Peshawar.
PARC is the premier R&D organization in the agriculture sector in Pakistan. At its National Agricultural Research Centre (NARC) it has one of the most advanced facilities for research in agriculture and allied sciences. Spread over an area of 1400 acres and located on the Park Road in the farm land area of Islamabad, NARC has the most modem infrastructure, highly qualified faculty and very well equipped laboratory facilities, which could be easily compared with any international research institution.
Since November 2008 PARC has embarked upon an ambitious academic (course work and research) program at PARC Institute of Advanced Studies in Agriculture (PIASA).
For Spring 2012, admissions in M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs are offered in the following disciplines at PIASA.
- Plant Genomics and Biotechnology (PGB)
- Animal Genomics and Biotechnology (AGB)
- Plant and Environmental Protection (PEP)
- Natural Resource Management (NRM) with emphasis on:
- Biotic Resource Science (BRS)
- Energy Management in Agriculture (EMA)
- Soil and Environmental Sciences (SES)
- Water Resource Management (WRM)
- No third division.
- For M.Phil. (GAT-General) with score of 50 % and for Ph.D. (GAT-Subject) with minimum cumulative score of 60% is required.
- The application of candidate must be accompanied with a comprehensive research proposal that he/she intends to undertake.
- In-service candidates shall apply through proper channel along with a valid No Objection Certificate (NOC).
At least 16 years of education with minimum 4 years B.Sc. (Honors) Agriculture / DVM / Animal Husbandry or M.Sc. in Biological Sciences or equivalent (HEC recognized).
Degree in the respective field of specialization with a minimum CGPA of 2.5/4 (under semester system) or second division with 50 % marks (under annual system).
At least 18 years of education having M.Sc. (Honors) Agriculture / DVM / Animal Husbandry or M.Phil. in Biological Sciences or equivalent (HEC recognized).
Degree in the respective field of specialization with a minimum CGPA of 3.0/4 (under semester system) or first division with 65% marks (under annual system).
Admission forms for admission to M.Phil. / Ph.D. degree program Spring 2012 are available at Registrar Office, PARC Institute of Advanced Studios in Agriculture (PIASA) at NARC, Park Road, Islamabad.
Admission forms could also be downloaded from Pakistan Agricultural Research Council website. An amount of Rs. 300 (Application Fee) along with Rs.500 will be charged in cash or demand draft order as Entry Test fee at the time of the submission of application.
Dates to Remember
|Last date for the submission of Admission Forms||January 31, 2012|
|Entry Test and interview for PGB, AGB and PEP||February 22, 2012 at 0900 hrs|
|Entry Test and interview for BRS, EMA, SES and WRM||February 23, 2012 at 0900 hrs|
For further information, you may please contact:
Dr. Tariq Hassan, Registrar,
PARC Institute of Advanced Studies in Agriculture (PIASA),
National Agricultural Research Centre (NARC), Park Road, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (051) 9255039, 8443430