Postgraduate Medical Institute (PGMI), Lahore has invited applications from the candidates for admission in the following postgraduate medical and dental courses for the year 2012-2013.
1. M.S. Courses (Duration: 05 years)
- Cardiac Surgery E.N.T.
- General Surgery (04 years)
- Gynae & Obstetrics
- Paediatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Thorasic Surgery
2. M.D. Courses (Duration: 05 years)
- Internal Medicine (04 years)
- Paediatric Medicine
3. M.Phil. Courses (Duration: 02 years)
- Chemical Pathology
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Microbiology Morbid Anatomy and Histopathology
4. Diploma Courses (Duration: 02 years)
- Diploma in Cardiology (Dip. Card.)
- Diploma in Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases (D.T.C.D.)
5. Dental Courses (Duration: 02 years)
- Science of Dental Material
- Oral Biology
- Oral Pathology
6. M.D.S. Courses (Duration: 04 years)
- Operative Dentistry
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
7. FCPS (Part-II) Training Attachment
Must have passed FCPS Part-I during the last three years (only for deputation candidates).
The following are the guidelines for applicants to various diploma/ degree courses:
- The candidate should apply to the Principal, Postgraduate Medical Institute, 6-Abdur Rehman Chughtai Road, Jail Road, Lahore on the downloaded application form from the website of PGMI along with the original pay order/ bank draft of Rs.1,000 in favor of the Principal, PGMI, Lahore.
- Complete applications along with the original pay order/ bank draft of Rs.1,000 can be submitted at PGMI, Lahore or sent to the Admission Cell, PGMI, Lahore through courier services.
- Government employees should submit their applications through proper channel on downloaded Forms for Deputation to the Principal, Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lahore. The applicants will attach a recommendation letter/ No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the head of the institution / principal / chief executive.
- All rules and regulations will apply as per Punjab Government Deputation Policy for Punjab Government employees.
- Others shall apply as private candidate on downloaded Admission Form for Private Candidates and send / submit the Application Forms directly to the Admission Cell, Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lahore.
- One Admission Form will be considered for one course only. A candidate can apply for three courses only (along with the original pay order / bank draft of Rs.1,000 for each course). Other courses should be mentioned in the Admission Form.
- Attach attested photocopies of the following documents with the Application:
- One passport size photograph duly attested on front (paste on Admission Form)
- ID Card and Domicile
- Matriculation certificate, FSc certificate and B.D.S. degree (for dental courses) / M.B.B.S. M.D. degree (Equivalence Certificate of PMDC should be attached).
- Valid PMDC Registration Certificate.
- Attempt certificate from the principal of the medical college stating that the number of attempts and marks obtained in each professional examination of M.B.B.S. / M.D.
- House Job certificate with exact dates from the concerned medical superintendent as well as professor/ head of the department of concerned hospital (both are necessary).
- Service certificate (relevant experience as MO/ registrar/ demonstrator etc.) from the concerned medical superintendent as well as principal/ professor / head of the department of concerned hospital medical college.
- First appointment letter from Government of the Punjab, Health Department, Lahore as Medical Officer on regular basis.
- Rural Service Certificate / Army Service Certificate with exact dates and places where served from the concerned Director Health Services/ competent authority respectively.
- Application with incomplete documents will not be considered for admission.
- Admission is liable to be cancelled during the course if any discrepancy found in submitted documents.
Schedule of Admissions
|Last date for submission of admission forms||May 02, 2012|
|List of eligible / non-eligible candidates||May 15, 2012|
|Entry Test at University of Health Sciences (UHS)||May 22, 2012|
|Interviews Schedule (visit website / notice board of PGMI)||July 02, 2012|
|Display of first merit list||July 28, 2012|
|Display of second merit list||August 06, 2012|
|Start of classes||October 01, 2012|
- Visit the website of Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lahore regarding the conditions of admission in the above mentioned courses.
- Visit website of University of Health Sciences for details of Entry Test.
- No letter will be issued to applicants.
- No TA/DA will be given.
- All correspondence will be through internet / e-mails.
For further information, you may please contact:
Principal, Postgraduate Medical Institute (PGMI),
6-Abdur Rehman Chughtai Road, Jail Road, Lahore, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (042) 99202096, 99202089 Ext. 12, 17
E-mail: admission (at) pgmipunjab.edu.pk