The most important component of the academic facilities at Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences is the computational and experimental laboratories of the institute. The laboratories facilitate the basic training of the students in computational and experimental skills.
The current major areas of academic and technical activities at the institute are: Computer and Control Systems, Applied Electronics, Applied Mathematics & Numerical Analysis, Analytical Chemistry, Nuclear Engineering, Materials Science & Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Radiation Physics, Optics & Laser Physics, and Nuclear Medicine.
Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS) has invited applications for admission to undergraduate BS Electrical Engineering and BS Mechanical Engineering programs in year 2010.
- Full time highly qualified faculty including 58 PhDs
- Well-established MS and Ph.D. programs in major Engineering disciplines
- Excellence of PIEAS graduates well recognized in the national/international academia and industry
- Round the clock computing and internet facility
- Male/Female hostels and PIEAS transport for day scholars
- Need based financial support is available
- Minimum 65% in Matric / O-Level (Science) and 60% in F.Sc. / A-Level (Pre-Engineering)
Selection shall be made strictly on merit determined by:
- PIEAS Admission Test 60%
- Matric/O-Level 15%
- F.Sc./A-Level 25%
Admission test shall be conducted in major cities of Pakistan.
Students awaiting their final result, but expecting to secure required percentage of marks may also apply.
Form Submission Deadline: June 10, 2010 (Thursday)
PIEAS Admission Test: July 03, 2010 (Saturday)
- Preferably apply online; application forms are available at PIEAS website. For online submission, processing fee is Rs. 750 only. However, receipt of bank deposit along with a passport size photograph must be sent to Registrar by post before the deadline.
- Application forms may be downloaded from website or can be obtained from Registrar by sending a self-addressed envelope bearing postage stamp of Rs. 10. Processing fee for submission by post is Rs. 1000/- only.
- Duly filled form, a photograph and bank receipt must be sent to Registrar by Post before the deadline.
- There will be no bank service charges for submission of processing fee through any branch of ABL. PIEAS University Online Account No. 01-100-3251-0 Allied Bank Limited, Cabinet Division Branch (Code No. 0793), Islamabad.
For further details, PIEAS website (www.pieas.edu.pk) may be visited.
Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS)
Nilore – 45650, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Telephone: (+92 51) 2207380-4 Extension 3063, (+92 51) 2207816
Fax: 051- 2208070
Email: registrar (at) pieas (dot) edu (dot) pk
If this post was of interest to you, you may also like to sign up for daily e-mail alerts to stay informed about latest in educational landscape in Pakistan.