Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS), the number one engineering institution according to Higher Education Commission (HEC) ranking in 2006, has invited applications for Undergraduate Admissions to BS Engineering programs for 2011.
PIEAS has offered admission to the following undergraduate programs:
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Full time highly qualified faculty including 58 PhDs
- Well-established MS and PhD programs
- Excellence of PIEAS graduates well recognized in the national/international academia and industry
- Round the clock computing and internet facilities
- Male/female hostels and PIEAS transport for day scholars
- Need based financial support is available
Selection shall be made strictly on merit determined by:
- PIEAS Admission Test: 60%
- Matriculation: 15%
- F.Sc. or F.Sc. (Part I): 25%
- O Level / A Level: 40% of O-Level equivalence from IBCC
Admission test shall be conducted in major cities of Pakistan.
- Minimum 60% marks in both Matriculation / O Level (Science) and F.Sc. / A Level (Pre-Engineering)
Students awaiting their final result, but expecting to secure required percentage of marks may also apply
Application Form Submission
Preferably apply online; application forms are available at PIEAS website. For online submission, processing fee is Rs.750 only.
Application forms may be downloaded (Microsoft Word Document, 97KB) from PIEAS website or can be obtained from Registrar, PIEAS, by sending a self-addressed envelope bearing postage stamp of Rs.30. Processing fee for submission by post is Rs.1,000 only.
Duly filled form (only in case of submission by post), receipt of bank deposit along with a passport size photograph and attested copies of Matriculation/O Level and F.Sc. or F.Sc. (Part I)/A Level must be sent to Registrar by post before the deadline. PIEAS Program Guide can be obtained from Registrar by paying a fee of Rs.400 (inclusive postal charges) in the PIEAS online account.
The application processing fee must be deposited in the PIEAS University online Account No. 0010 0020 8462 0041 (Title of Account: PIEAS-APF) Allied Bank Limited, Cabinet Division Branch (Code No. 0793), Islamabad.
There will be no bank service charges for submission of fee through any branch of ABL.
- Admission Application Form submission deadline: May 30, 2011 (Monday)
- PIEAS Admission Test: July 02, 2011 (Saturday)
For further information, you may please contact:
Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS),
Nilore, Islamabad 45650, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (051) 2207380-4 Ext: 3063, 2207816
Fax: +92 (051) 2208070
E-mail: registrar (at) pieas (at) edu (dot) pk