Postgraduate Medical Institute (PGMI), Lahore, has invited applications from candidates for admission in the following postgraduate medical courses for the year 2011-2012.
M.S. Courses (Duration: 5 years)
- Cardiac Surgery
- General Surgery (4 years)
- Gynae and Obstet.
- Paediatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
M.D. Courses (Duration: 5 years)
- Internal Medicine (4 years)
- Paediatric Medicine
M.Phil. Courses (Duration: 2 years)
- Chemical Pathology
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Morbid Anatomy and Histopathology
Diploma Courses (Duration: 2 years)
M. Phil. Courses (Duration 2 years)
- Sciences of Dental Materials
- Oral Biology
- Oral Pathology
M.D.S. Courses (Duration: 4 years)
- Operative Dentistry
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
FCPS (Part-II Training attachment)
- Must have done FCPS Part-I (only for deputation candidates).
The following are the guidelines for applicants to various diploma/degree courses.
- The candidate should apply to the Principal, Postgraduate Medical Institute, 6-Abdul Rehman Chughtai Road, Jail Road, Lahore, on the downloaded Form from the Website of PGMI along with the original pay order/ bank draft of Rs.1,000 in favor of the Principal, PGMI, Lahore
- Complete applications along with the original pay order/ bank draft of Rs.1,000 can be submitted at PGMI, Lahore / sent to the Admission Cell, Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lahore, through courier services.
- Government employees should submit their applications through proper channel on downloaded Forms for deputationist to the Principal, Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lahore. The applicants will attach a recommendation letter/ N.O.C. from the Head of the Institution/ Principal/ Chief Executive.
- All rules and regulations will apply as per Government of the Punjab deputation policy for Government of the Punjab employees.
- Others shall apply as private candidate on downloaded Admission Forms for private candidates and send/ submit the application forms directly to the Admission Cell, Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lahore.
- One admission form will be considered for one course. A candidate can apply for three courses only.
- Attach attested photocopies of the following documents with the application:-
- One passport size photograph duly attested on front (paste on Admission Form)
- ID Card and Domicile
- Matriculation certificate, F.Sc. certificate and B.D.S. degree (for Dental courses) /M.B.B.S. M.D degree (Equivalence Certificate of PMDC should be attached).
- Valid Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) registration certificate.
- Attempt Certificate from the principal of the medical college stating the number of attempts and marks obtained in each professional examination of M.B.B.S/M.D.
- House Job certificate with exact dates from the concerned Medical Superintendent as well as Professor/Head of the Department of concerned Hospital (Both are necessary).
- Service Certificate (relevant experience as M.O/Registrar/Demonstrator etc.) from the concerned Medical Superintendent as well as Principal/Professor/Head of the Department of concerned Hospital Medical College.
- First appointment letter from the Government of the Punjab, Health Department, Lahore as Medical Officer on regular basis.
- Rural service certificate/Army service certificate with exact dates and places where served from the concerned Director Health Services/Competent Authority respectively.
- Applications with incomplete documents will not be considered for admission.
- Admission is liable to be cancelled during the course if any discrepancy found in submitted documents.
Please visit the website of PGMI, Lahore regarding the conditions of Admission in the above mentioned courses.
Schedule of Admissions
- Last date for submission of Admission Forms: May 10, 2011
- List of eligible / non-eligible candidates: June 10, 2011
- Entry Test Schedule:visit website / notice board of PGMI on: June 10, 2011
- Interviews Schedule: visit website / notice board of PGMI on: July 02, 2011
- Display of first merit list: July 15, 2011
- Display of second merit list: July 25, 2011
- Start of classes: October 01, 2011
Applicants will visit the website / notice board of Postgraduate Medical Institute on the above mentioned dates. No letter will be issued to applicants. No. TA/DA will be given.
For further information, you may please contact:
Postgraduate Medical Institute (PGMI),
6-Abdur Rehman Chughtai Road (Birdwood Road),
Jail Road, Shadman, Lahore, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (042) 99202096, 99202089 Ext. 12
E-Mail: admission (at) pgmipunjab (dot) edu (dot) pk