NED University of Engineering and Technology has invited applications from Class-II Marine Engineers for admission to the Pre-Marine Engineering course of 6 months duration offered by Centre for Continuing Engineering Education (CCEE).
Pre-Marine Engineering course is scheduled to start from July 1, 2010. The course consists study of following subjects:
- Basic Sciences (Physics and Chemistry)
- Engineering Drawing
- Introduction to Engineering Fundamentals (Thermodynamics, Solid Mechanics, Electrical Technology and Statics).
The students who successfully complete this course, will be eligible for admission to Marine Engineering Conversion Course beginning in January 2011.
- Candidates must be citizens / residents of Pakistan.
- They should possess at least Marine Engineers Class-II Certificate issued by the Ministry of Port and Shipping, Government of Pakistan or equivalent qualification.
- They must have passed HSC Part-II (Pre-Engineering) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with at least 2nd Division i.e. 50% aggregate marks.
- They shall be required to qualify the Pre-Admission Entry Test conducted by the University.
- Application Forms for Pre-Admission Entry Test and Admission can be obtained from National Bank of Pakistan, NED University Branch, Karachi on Payment of Rs 250 (Excluding Bank Charges, if any) from Tuesday June 1, 2010 onwards.
- Application Forms duly completed, will be received in the Department of Automotive & Marine Engineering during Normal Working Hours. The Last Dale for receipt of Application Forms is Tuesday June 15, 2010.
- Provisional List of Candidates Eligible for Admission, Results of Pre-Admission Entry Test and the Final List of Selected Candidates along with necessary details, shall be displayed on the Notice Board of Department of Automotive & Marine Engineering, NED University.
For further information / guidance, please contact:
Syed M. Zobair
Department of Automotive and Marine Engineering
NED University of Engineering and Technology, University Road, Karachi-75270
Telephone: (+92 21) 99261261-68 Extension: 2346
Email: registrar (at) neduet (dot) edu (dot) pk
If this post was of interest to you, you may also like to sign up for daily e-mail alerts to stay informed about latest in educational landscape in Pakistan.