University of the Punjab, Lahore, has invited applications for admission to B.Sc. (Engineering) degree courses for session 2011-2012 at Faculty of Engineering and Technology.
Applications have been invited for admission, to be made in accordance with the university rules, to the below mentioned 4-year degree courses in the Regular Morning and Self-Supporting Evening programs.
Courses offered are:
- B.Sc. (Engineering) Chemical Engineering
- B.Sc. (Engineering) Chemical Engineering (with specialization in Petroleum and Gas Technology)
- B.Sc. (Engineering) Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
- B.Sc. (Engineering) Electrical Engineering*
- B.Sc. (Engineering) Industrial Engineering*
* Not offered in Self-Supporting Evening Program.
- Must be domiciled in Punjab
- Must have appeared in the Combined Pre-Admission Entry Test conducted by the University of Engineering and Technology (U.E.T.) Lahore, on September 11, 2011. The Test is mandatory for admission and will carry 30% weight-age for determining merit.
- Must have passed examination in year 2009, 2010 and spring 2011 obtaining at least 60% marks:
- F.Sc. (Pre-Engineering) or equivalent* OR
- B.Sc. or equivalent with any of the following subject combinations : (i) Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (ii) Physics, Chemistry, Statistics (iii) Physics, Mathematics A and B Course (iv) Physics, Mathematics, Statistics (v) Chemistry, Mathematics A and B Course (vi) Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, preceded by F.Sc.(Pre-Engineering) OR
- Relevant Diploma of Associate Engineer from the Board of Technical Education in Chemical Technology / Chemical Processing Technology / Petroleum Technology / Petrochemical / Metallurgy and Welding / Foundry and Pattern Making / Electrical Technology / Electronics.
* The candidate applying on the basis of A Level qualification must submit both O Level and A Level Equivalence Certificates from the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), Islamabad.
Prospectus, along with prescribed application form, will be available on cash payment of Rs.400 (on all working days including Saturdays) from the admission cell at the Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Quaid-e-Azam Campus (New Campus) from September 20, 2011.
Prospectus may also be obtained through post by sending a postal order/bank draft for Rs. 450 drawn in favor of the Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, University of the Punjab, Quaid-e-Azam Campus (New Campus), Lahore-54590, along with the mailing address.
Application on the prescribed form duly filled in and accompanied by requisite documents mentioned in the prospectus must reach by hand/by post in the admission cell of the Faculty by October 08, 2011 (up to 4:00 p.m.). Application shall not be received through any means after the closing date for submission.
For any further information, please contact at (042) 99231261 Ext.138:
Prof. Dr. Zahoor ul Hassan Rizvi
Director, Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology
Prof. Dr. Aamir Ijaz
Director, Institute of Quality and Technology Management
Prof. Dr. Rafiq Ahmad
Principal, College of Engineering and Emerging Technologies
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ehsan Malik
Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Technology