Applications are invited by University of the Punjab, Lahore, for admission, to be made in accordance with the university rules, to the below mentioned 4-year engineering degree courses in the following programs:
- Regular Morning Program
- Self-Supporting Evening Program
- BSc (Engg.) Chemical Engineering
- BSc (Engg.) Chemical Engineering (with specialization in Petroleum and Gas Technology)
- BSc (Engg.) Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
- BSc (Engg.) Electrical Engineering*
- BSc (Engg.) Industrial Engineering*
*Not offered in Self-Supporting Evening Program.
- Must be domiciled in Punjab
- Must have appeared in the Combined Pre-Admission Entry Test conducted by the University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Lahore, on September 16, 2012. The Test is mandatory for admission and will carry 30% weight-age for determining merit.
- Must have passed examination in year 2010, 2011 and spring 2012 obtaining at least 60% marks:
- FSc (Pre-Engineering) or equivalent [The candidate applying on the basis of A Level qualification must submit both O Level and A Level Equivalence Certificates from the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), Islamabad. ] OR
- BSc or equivalent with any of the following subject combinations: (i) Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (ii) Physics, Chemistry, Statistics (iii) Physics, Mathematics A and B Course (iv) Physics, Mathematics, Statistics (v) Chemistry, Mathematics A and B Course (vi) Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, preceded by FSc (Pre-Engineering) OR
- Relevant Diploma of Associate Engineer from the Board of Technical Education in Chemical Technology / Chemical Processing Technology / Petroleum Technology / Petrochemical /Metallurgy and Welding / Foundry and Pattern Making / Electrical Technology / Electronics.
- Must not be above 24 years of age (FSc /DAE Basis) and not above 26 years (BSc Basis) on September 16, 2012.
Prospectus, along with prescribed application form, will be available on cash payment of Rs.400 (on all working days including Saturdays) from the Admission Office at the Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology, University of the Punjab, Quaid-e-Azam Campus (New Campus) with effect from September 24, 2012.
Admission Forms are not available on the internet.
Prospectus may also be obtained through post by sending a postal order/bank draft for Rs.475 drawn in favor of the Director, Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology, University of the Punjab, Quaid-e-Azam Campus (New Campus), Lahore-54590, along with the mailing address.
Applications on the prescribed form duly filled in and accompanied by requisite documents mentioned in the prospectus must reach by hand / by post in the admission office by October 13, 2012 (up to 4:00 pm).
Applications shall not be received through any means after the closing date for submission.
For further information, you may please contact:
Prof. Dr. Aamir Ijaz, Director,
Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology
Prof. Dr. Rafiq Ahmad, Principal,
College of Engg. and Emerging Technologies
Prof. Dr. Abdus Salam, Director,
Institute of Quality and Technology Management
Prof. Dr. Rafiq Ahmad,
Convener, Admission Committee
University of the Punjab,
Faculty of Engineering and Technology,
Quaid-e-Azam Campus (New Campus), Lahore-54590, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (042) 99231261, 99230462, 99230085