The University of the Punjab, Lahore has invited applications for admission to postgraduate programs of MSc, MS, MPhil, and PhD for the session Spring 2010.
Applications are invited for admission in
1. MS / MS Leading to Ph.D.: (Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Biochemistry & Biotechnology, Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Mathematics, Applied Psychology, Health Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Medicine and Dentistry/MD, Total Quality Management)
2. M.Phil. / M.Phil Leading to Ph.D : (Art & Design, Statistics, High Energy Physics, Earth and Environmental Sciences, English Language & Literature, Political Science, Botany, Zoology, Arabic, Kashmiriyat, Library & Information Science, Persian, Economics, Urdu, Physics, Islamic Studies, History, Chemistry, Geology, Social & Culture Studies, Mycology & Plant Pathology, Biochemistry & Biotechnology, Mathematics, Microelectronics, Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, Molecular Biology, Pakistan Studies, Biological Sciences, Sports Science, Solid State Physics, Islamic Studies (Sheikh Zayed Islamic Centre), Home Economics, Space Science, Philosophy, Archeology, Clinical Psychology, Applied Psychology, Administrative Sciences, Medicine and Dentistry , Information Technology, Punjabi)
3. M. Sc / Leading to Ph. D: (Mycology & Plant Pathology (Hons), M.Sc (Engg.) Chemical Engineering & Technology, M. Sc (Engg.) Metallurgy and Materials Science).
4. Ph. D: ( Botany, Zoology, Arabic, Persian, Urdu, Islamic Studies, Mycology & Plant Pathology, Chemical Engineering & Technology, Biochemistry & Biotechnology, Mathematics, Political Science, Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, Islamic Studies (Sheikh Zayed Islamic Centre), Earth and Environmental Sciences, Economics, Mass Communication, Clinical Psychology, Applied Psychology, English Language and Literature, South Asian Studies, Medicine and Dentistry, College of Information Technology, Kasmiriyat, Chemistry)
programme in the above subject on prescribed forms available in the respective Department / Centre / Institute / College w.e.f. June 28, 2010.
The applications complete in all respects should reach in the office of the Department / Centre / Institute / College concerned by July 12, 2010.
The Written Test/Interview will be held in the concerned Department / Centre / Institute / College (from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 pm ) according to the schedule mentioned hereunder:
|Date for Written Test||Date for Interview||Department / Centre / Institute / College|
|15.07.2010||26.07.2010||Botany, Zoology, Physics, Geology, Administrative Sciences, Biochemistry & Biotechnology, Statistics, Arabic, Applied Psychology, Health Psychology, Information Technology, Archeology, Philosophy|
|16.07.2010||27.07.2010||Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, Chemical Engineering & Technology, Urdu, English Language & Literature, Solid State Physics, Govt. college of Home Economics , Chemistry|
|17.07.2010||28.07.2010||Kashmiriyat, Sports Sciences, Economics, Social and Culture Studies, High Energy Physics, Political Science, School of Biological Sciences|
|19.07.2010||29.07.2010||Pakistan Study Center, Islamic Studies, Library & Information Sciences, Molecular Biology (CEMB), Mathematics, College of Information Technology, Space Science|
|20.07.2010||30.07.2010||Islamic Studies (Sheikh Zayed Islamic Centre), Mycology & Plant Pathology, Art & Design, Geography, Persian, Clinical Psychology, Medicine and Dentistry, Mass Communication|
|21.07.2010||31.07.2010||Microelectronics, History, Total Quality Management, Earth and Environmental Sciences , Punjabi, Center for South Asian Studies,|
Test will be held in the respective department / centre / institute / college/ school.
|Announcement of Test Results||24.07.2010|
|Interview of successful candidates in written test||26.07.2010|
|(50% are pass marks in written test)|
|Display of General Merit List & 1 st Merit List||06.08.2010|
|Last Date for depositing fee||09.08.2010|
|Display of 2nd Merit List||10.08.2010|
|Last Date for depositing fee||11.08.2010|
|Display of 3rd Merit List||12.08.2010|
|Last Date for depositing fee||13.08.2010|
|Display of Final Merit List||15.08.2010|
|Last Date for depositing fee||16.08.2010|
|Commencement of Classes||20.09.2010|
For M. Sc (Engg.); MS / MS Leading to Ph.D.; M.Phil. / M.Phil. Leading to Ph.D.
i) 1st Division/CGPA = 2.5 in M.A./M.Sc./B.Sc (Hons.) 4 years, B.Sc. (Engineering)/ B.E/MBBS/BDS degree or its equivalent in the relevant subject from a recognized University (At least 16 years of education; 130 credit hours). Having not more than two second divisions in an academic career. No 3rd division (less than 45% in annual, and 50% in semester system) or “D” grade in entire academic career.
ii) Only those candidates will be considered who have qualified GRE (General) / NTS.
i) M.Phil./M.Sc. (Engineering)/MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree in relevant program with CGPA = 3.0. Having not more than two second divisions in an academic career and (also fulfill above criteria for admission in MS/M.Phil). No 3rd division or “D” grade in entire academic career.
ii) Preference will be given to those candidates who have qualified International GRE (Subject) after acquisition of 18 years education, for others it will be mandatory to qualify International GRE (Subject) before submitting thesis.
• Specific eligibility criteria of different departments will be provided by Department / Institute / College / Centre before the admission.
• HEC awardees under indigenous scholarship scheme are encouraged to apply.
• Admission form can be download from www.pu.edu.pk/dpcc
• The admission form, MS / MS Leading to Ph.D. / M.Phil. / M.Phil. Leading to Ph.D / Ph.D; M.Sc (Hons) & M.Sc (Engg) regulations and prospectus can also be obtained from the respective Department / Institute / Centre / College. For further information, please contact the respective Department / Institute / Centre / College.
• Prescribed application forms duly filled in and supported by the attested copies of educational certificates / degrees be submitted to the Chairman / Director / Principal of the respective Department / Institute / Centre / College by 12.07.2010.
• Candidates waiting for the result of 8th Semester BS / 4th Semester M.A / M. Sc can apply and have to produce result before interview. Otherwise, they will not be considered for admission.
• Those candidates who appeared in NTS on 04.07.2010 can submit their NTS result card at the time of department test.
• Application received after due date shall not be entertained.
• Application must be submitted to the relevant department/ institute/ centre/ college/ school.
Doctoral Programme Coordination Committee
2nd Floor Department of Botany Building
Ph. # +92-042-35848051; 35837668
E-mail 1: info (at) dpcc.pu.edu.pk
E-mail 2: admission (at) dpcc.pu.edu.p