Applications are invited for admission in the following postgraduate programs on prescribed forms:
M.S / M.Phil.: Special Education, Space Science, Archaeology, Chemistry, Sheikh Zayed Islamic Centre, Persian, Punjabi
Ph.D.: Mountain Research, Social and Cultural Studies, Geology, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Applied Psychology, Persian, Islamic Studies, Physic
Application forms are available in the respective department/centre/institute with effect from January 07, 2013. The applications complete in all respects should reach in the office of the department/centre/institute concerned by January 15, 2013. The Written Test/Interview will be held in the concerned department/centre/institute according to the schedule given below:
|Department / Centre / Institute||Date for Written Test||Date for Interview|
|Special Education, Space Science, Archaeology, Chemistry, Islamic Studies, Geology, Applied PsychologyMorning (9:30 am to 12:30 pm)||January 18, 2013||January 25, 2013|
|Mountain Research, Social & Cultural Studies, Chemical Engineering, Persian, Sheikh Zayed Islamic Centre, Punjabi, PhysicsMorning (9:30 am to 12:30 pm)||January 19, 2013||January 26, 2013|
Test will be held in the respective department/centre/institute.
|Announcement of test results||January 24, 2013|
|Interview of successful candidates in written test (50% are pass marks in written test)||January 25-26, 2013|
|Display of general merit list and 1st merit list (10:00 am)||January 29, 2013|
|Last date for depositing fee||January 30, 2013|
|Display of 2nd merit list (10:00 am)||January 31, 2013|
|Last date for depositing fee||February 01, 2013|
|Display of 3rd merit list (10:00 am)||February 04, 2013|
|Last date for depositing fee||February 05, 2013|
|Display of final merit list (10:00 am)||February 06, 2013|
|Last date for depositing fee||February 07, 2013|
|Admission closed||February 07, 2013|
|Commencement of classes||February 15, 2013|
For M.S. / M.Phil.
- 1st Division / CGPA => 2.5 in M.A. / M.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) 4 years, or its equivalent in the relevant subject from a recognized university (at least 16 years of education; 130 credit hours).
- Only those candidates will be considered who have qualified GRE (General)/NTS.
- M.Phil. / M.Sc. (Engineering) or equivalent degree with CGPA => 3.0.
- Only those candidates will be considered who have qualified GRE (Subject) after acquisition of 18 years education.
- Eligibility criteria of different departments will be provided by department/institute/centre before the admission.
- Higher Education Commission (HEC) awardees under indigenous scholarship scheme are encouraged to apply.
- Admission form can be downloaded from University of the Punjab website.
- The admission forms for M.S. / M.Phil. / Ph.D. regulations and prospectus can also be obtained from the respective department/institute/centre at University of the Punjab. For further information, please contact the respective department/institute/centre.
- Prescribed application forms duly filled in and supported by the attested copies of educational certificates/degrees be submitted to the chairman/director/principal of the respective department/institute/centre by January 15, 2013.
- Application received after due date shall not be entertained.
- Application must be submitted to the relevant department/institute/centre.
For further information, you may please contact:
Chairman Doctoral Programme Coordination Committee,
2nd Floor Department of Botany Building,
University of the Punjab (PU), Lahore, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (042) 35837668, 99231238
E-mail: infodpcc (at) pu.edu.pk