After more than four decades of service and nation building, the Department of Economics, Quaid-i-Azam University has grown to School of Economics and now proudly announces admissions in BS-Economics 4-Years program.
The BS Economics degree is designed to provide a broad spectrum that reflects the interdisciplinary nature of the subject. The first three years are devoted to introduction of all key areas of economics and some courses from related disciplines to broaden the thinking perspective and vision of the students. The final year is focused on mastering the skills in one of the four available specializations in the school.
Why study at School of Economics
- The School of Economics is the best in the country that is evident from its role in nation building and performance in the past.
- Highly qualified faculty from the world’s best universities 07 Ph.D.s mostly from USA.
- The current faculty has more than 200 research publications in journals of international repute.
- More than 20 Doctorates (Ph.D.) degrees awarded.
- More than 250 M.Phil. degrees awarded.
- Numerous graduates are serving at key positions in Ministry of Finance, State Bank, International Organizations, NGOs, and in world’s top universities.
- FA, F.Sc., I.Com., A-Level, or equivalent.
- At least second division in each past qualification.
The Admission Forms can be obtained from the School of Economics @ Rs.650. OR
By sending self addressed envelope of 8.5 x 11.00 (inches) to the Chairman, School of Economics along with a Bank Draft of Rs.700 in favor of Treasurer, Quaid-i-Azam University latest by August 16, 2010. OR
Applications form can be submitted online at Quaid-i-Azam University website where all the relevant instructions are available. (Download Application Form: PDF, 241KB)
Last date for submission of application forms is Monday, August 23, 2010.
Admission Test will be conducted on Thursday, 26th August, 2010 in University Gymnasium at 10:00 a.m.
For further information, you may please contact:
School of Economics
Telephone: (+92 51) 90643020, 9064-3023
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org