Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University (SMBBMU) at Chandka Medical College (CMCH), Larkana, has invited applications on prescribed forms from interested in-service / private candidates for admission in Residency Training program of FCPS-II, MCPS, diploma and degree courses (as below) for the Session January 2012.
A. Training Courses for FCPS-II
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Paediatric Medicine
Two years training after IMM:
- Paediatric surgery
B. Diploma Program (02 years duration)
- Diploma in Gynae. Obst. (DGO)
- Diploma in Ophthalmology (DO)
- Diploma in Child health (DCH)
- Diploma in clinical pathology (DCP)
C. Training Courses for MCPS
- OBS / Gynae
- Paediatric Medicine
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
D. Degree Program (04 years duration)
- MS Ophthalmology
- Medical graduate from one of the recognized universities shown in schedule I and II of the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) Act.
- Valid Registration Certificate of PMDC as Medical Practitioner.
- One year House Job in a recognized teaching institute with at least six months in the relevant specialty.
- Has worked as RMO, Registrar or full time Resident in the relevant specialty at a PMDC recognized teaching institution for one year.
- OR has worked as Demonstrator in the relevant specialty (for B (4)). at a recognized teaching institution for two years.
- OR 5 years’ experience in any relevant field after graduation.
- Only those candidates who have passed FCPS-I shall apply for FCPS-II course.
- All applications should be submitted on prescribed forms available at Postgraduate Directorate at Surgical Unit I, CMCH, Larkana.
- For each course / training program, a separate application form has to be filled in and submitted and course shall let taken.
- Selection shall be on the basis of merit and availability of number of seats.
- After selection, a candidate shall continue only one course at a time.
- The decision of Postgraduate Committee is final.
- No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates.
- No separate call letters shall be issued for entry test / interview and selection; therefore candidates are advised to note the important dates given below.
- Postgraduate Committee, however reserves the right of any modification in the schedule (due to any unforeseen circumstances).
- Training slots for FCPS-II are subject to availability of number of seats for only those candidates who have passed FCPS-I to apply for FCPS-II course.
- All those employed in government service / semi government, autonomous bodies or other university of the country should apply through proper channel otherwise their applications will not be entertained, however they can send advanced copy with relevant documents.
Schedule for Admission
- Date of inviting applications: Monday, November 14, 2011
- Last date for submission of applications: Saturday, December 10, 2011
- Display of list of eligible candidates: Monday, December 12, 2011
- Date of collecting admit cards: Wednesday to Saturday, December 14-17, 2011
- Entry test for diploma/degree courses: Thursday, December 22, 2011
- Interview (including document verification) for all courses: Saturday, December 24, 2011
- Display of list of successful candidates: Monday, December 26, 2011
- Last date for deposition of fee: 10 days for private candidates and 01 month for in-service candidates after display list of selected candidates.
- Start of course: Monday, January 02, 2012
- Venue and time for Entry Test: Final Year Lecture Hall, Chandka Medical College (CMC), Larkana at 11:00 am.
- There shall be no entry test for FCPS-II courses.
Note: The selection committee reserves the rights to cancel any admission. However, the candidates shall have their rights to appeal with competent authority within a period of two weeks.
For further information, you may please contact:
Prof. Aijaz Ahmed Memon,
Director Postgraduate Studies,
Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University,
Chandka Medical College, Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (074) 4058927
Mobile phone: +92 (0300) 3419359