University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Lahore, has invited applications on prescribed forms for admission to Master degree programs, on full-time basis only, for Entry 2011.
All those who are employed shall need to provide a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer. Moreover, teaching will take place during regular morning hours.
Master degree programs offered by each faculty are as under:
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- M.Sc. Electrical Engineering
- M.Sc. Computer Engineering
- M.Sc. Computer Science
Faculty of Civil Engineering
- M.Sc. Hydraulics and Irrigation Engineering
- M.Sc. Geotechnical Engineering
- M.Sc. Structural Engineering
- M.Sc. Transportation Engineering
- M.Sc. Environmental Engineering
- M.Sc. Building Engineering
- M.Sc. Integrated Building Design
- M.Sc. Engineering Hydrology
- M.Sc. Hydropower Engineering
- M.Sc. Water Resources Engineering
- M.Sc. Water Resources Management
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- M.Sc. Thermal Power Engineering
- M.Sc. Mechanical Design Engineering
- M.Sc. Manufacturing Engineering
- M.Sc. Engineering Management
- M.Sc. Mechatronics and Control Engineering
Faculty of Architecture and Planning
- Masters degree in Architecture
- M.Sc. City and Regional Planning
- M.Sc. Community Development and Environmental Management
Faculty of Chemical, Mineral and Metallurgical Engineering
- M.Sc. Chemical Engineering
- M.Sc. Polymer and Process Engineering
- M.Sc. Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- M.Sc. Mining Engineering
- M.Sc. Geological Engineering
- M.Sc. Geological Sciences
- M.Sc. Petroleum and Gas Engineering
General Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidates can apply who have passed PEC/PCATP accredited undergraduate degree in relevant discipline, securing at least 60% marks under annual/term system OR CGPA 3 on the scale of 4 under semester system.
The details of relevant undergraduate disciplines and other eligibility criteria applicable to individual programs are mentioned in the postgraduate prospectus. If the candidate has not already passed the General Aptitude Test (GAT) that is conducted by National Testing Service (NTS) then the candidate shall be required to appear in GAT to be held on November 27, 2011 to be conducted by NTS specifically for UET, Lahore.
Kindly visit NTS website (www.nts.org.pk) for registration and further information.
The candidates securing 50% marks in the GAT shall appear for interview to be conducted by the respective departments. All are advised to contact the respective Departments for the interview schedule.
Prospectus / Application Forms
Application shall be filled online by logging on to UET Lahore website.
The printout of the filled application form with the paid bank challan (printed with the application) and completed as per instructions available in the prospectus shall be submitted to the respective departments from October 28, 2011 to November 19, 2011 during working days (Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, Mondays to Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. ).
Incomplete applications shall not be entertained.
Application processing fee of Rs. 800 is to be deposited in the account number 01280005533303 with Habib Bank Limited through the bank challan available with the printout of the application.
The prospectus can be had from the Convener, Admission Committee Office after handing over Copy No. 1 of the paid bank challan.
Note that if a candidate is applying in more than one department then needs to buy as many copies of the prospectus.
- Availability of prospectus: October 28, 2011
- Last date for receipt of applications: November 19, 2011
- Holding of GAT by NTS: November 27, 2011 (Sunday)
For further information, you may please contact:
Convener, Admission Committee,
University of Engineering and Technology (UET),
GT Road, Lahore, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (042) 99029216, 99029452, 99029470