The University of Azad Jammu and Kashmir has invited applications on prescribed forms for admission (Session 2010-2014) to the following degree programs:
|BS Applied Geology Morning (Regular)|
BS Applied Geology Evening (Self Support)
|F.Sc. (Pre-medical/Pre-engineering/General Science Group/Geology/3 Years Diploma in Associate Engineering) at least in 2nd division|
|BFA Hons. (Bachelor of Fine Arts) 4 Years Degree Program. (Open Merit)||F.A/F.Sc. at least in 2nd division|
|BS (CS) 4 Years Program||F.Sc. (Pre-engineering/pre-medical/intermediate/ICS with general science and commerce at least in 2nd division (45% marks)|
|BS (CSE) 4 Years Evening (Self Support)||F.Sc. Pre-engineering/ICS at least with 60% marks|
|BBA 4 Years evening Program on Self Support||F.A/F.Sc./I.Com. and ICS in second divisions from any recognized institution.|
|BA LL.B. (Hons) 5 Years (English Medium) Evening||F.A/F.Sc./A level or equivalent at least in 2nd division|
|LLB 3 Years (English Medium) Self Support Class(evening) Special Class||BA/B.Sc. in or before supplementary examination 2009 at least in 2nd division|
|(i)BA BEd (Hons) 2+2 Years(Self Support) Evening||F.A/F.Sc. at least in 2nd division|
Administrative Sciences Kotli
|BS (CS) 4 Years Program||F.Sc. (Pre-engineering/pre-medical/intermediate/ICS with general science and commerce at least in 2nd division(45%marks)|
|BS (IT) 4 Years Program||F.Sc(Pre-engineering/pre-medical/intermediate/ICS with general science and commerce at least in 2nd division (45% marks)|
|BBA 4 Years Program||F.A/F.Sc. at least in 2nd division|
|BS Agriculture (Hons)||F.Sc. (Pre medical/Pre engineering) at least in 2nd division|
|BBA 4 Years Program (Self Support Prog)||F.A./F.Sc at least in 2nd division|
|DVM (Doctor of Veterinary medicine) 5 Years||F.Sc. (Pre medical) at least in 2nd division|
|BS(CS) 4 Years Program||F.Sc. (Pre-engineering/pre-medical/intermediate/ICS with general science and|
|Bachelor in Eastern medicine and Surgery 5 Years Program Annual System (BEMS)||F.Sc. (Pre medical) at least in 2nd division|
Any Self Support Program (except LL.B. 3 Years) shall be offered only if the number of eligible candidates is more than 40.
You are eligible to apply if you are/have:
- AJ&K national (open merit)
- Against reserved Seats through nominating authorities (i) College teacher’s son through Secretary Colleges (ii) School teacher’s son through Secretary Schools (iii) Army seat through GHQ (iv) Northern Area through Director Education (NA) (v) Disabled through Medical Board established by University (vi) Refugees (Settled in Pakistan & AJK) 25% (vii) Pakistan Nationals (one for each province) through Chief Secretary, (viii) Sports seat through University Sports Board, (ix) University teachers & employee’s son nominated by the Vice Chancellor (x) 25% Quota self support for AJK Nationals & others.
- Maximum age limit 22 years for undergraduate programs. Application forms against nominated seats must reach the Directorate of Students Affairs on or before the last date.
- For self support program (Evening) eligibility criteria may be relaxed only in case of availability of vacant seats.
- No age limit for LL.B. 3 Years program.
How and where to apply?
The application must be sent on prescribed forms. The prospectus and application forms can be obtained from Directorate of Students Affairs, AJK University Muzaffarabad, Deputy Director Students Affairs, Kotli and Rawalakot campuses against payment of Rs.700 through a Habib Bank Challan available at authorized branches in AJ&K, alternatively, by sending a bank draft of Rs.750 drawn in the name of Director Finance & Planning University of AJ&K.
Candidate applying for more than one departments/ categories should deposit Rs 300 per additional form.
Complete applications must reach the Directorate of Students Affairs at their concerned campuses not later than October 29, 2010.
The application form is available on University website www.ajku.edu.pk. The bank challan of Rs.700 (recommended branches of University) or bank draft of Rs. 750 must be attached with Application Form. Otherwise, the application form will not be entertained.
- Attested copies of all educational certificates & degrees.
- Character certificate issued by college last attended.
- Migration certificate in case of passing Intermediate/ graduation from other than AJ&K.
- A copy of Domicile & State subject certificate.
- A copy of National Identity Card.
- Two recent passport size photographs.
Prospectus will be available from October 1,2010 at all the campuses.
The last date for receipt of completed application is October 29, 2010 up to 3:00 PM. Applications received after due date will not be entertained.
Entry Test will be held on November 3, 2010 for BS (CS) & BS (CSE) at Muzaffarabad, BS (CS) at Rawalatkot, BS(CS) & BSIT at Kotli campuses. First and second merit lists will be displayed on November 8, 2010 and November 13, 2010 respectively.
Admission fee and other dues will be deposited on November 8, 2010 to November 12, 2010. Interviews will commence from the same date. Second merit list dues will be deposited on November 13, 2010 to November 15, 2010. Candidates are required to bring original documents/degrees for the verification at the time of interview.
For further information on offered programs, admission guidelines and queries, you may please contact:
The University of Azad Jammu and Kashmir,
Muzaffarabad, Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
Telephone: (+92 5822) 960463
Telephone: (+92 5824) 960008
Telephone: (+92 5826) 960007)
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Qayum Khan, Registrar
Telephone: (+92 5822) 960418
Fax: (+92 5822) 960437