University of Karachi has invited applications for admission to BS (Hons) First Year, BS (3rd Year), Masters and B.L.I.S. programs for session 2011.
- General History
- International Relations
- Islamic History
- Library and Information Science
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Special Education
- Women Studies
- Islamic Learning
- Applied Chemistry
- Bio Chemistry
BS (Hons) First Year Only
- Actuarial Sciences and Risk Management
- Agricultural and Agribusiness Management
- Food Science and Technology
Masters Programs Only
- Health and Physical Education
- Pakistan Studies
- Petroleum Technology
- Quran and Sunnah
- At least 45% marks in prerequisite examination.
- Grace or condonation marks will not be considered.
- Details of eligibility for different programs can be seen in the prospectus or at www.uok.edu.pk.
- Candidates who applied for admission to open merit departments on their PharmD forms, will be considered for admission to these departments.
Applicants seeking admission on the basis of certificates/degrees other than those awarded by public sector boards or universities of Pakistan should submit an Equivalence Certificate issued by the Equivalence Committee of the University of Karachi before the announcement of list of successful candidates.
Students of University of Karachi who have passed BS (Hons) 2nd Year and those having appeared in the Terminal Examination of the 4th Semester are eligible to apply, if they want to change their department.
Candidates from flood affected areas can apply without documents but their admissions will be confirmed on the production of original documents.
Application Forms can be obtained from the designated branches of UBL during October 25, 2010 to November 3, 2010 on payment of Rs.500. Duly filled in Forms along with required documents can be submitted at the same branches latest by November 3, 2010.
Forms and prospectus can also be downloaded from www.uok.edu.pk. Duly filled in downloaded Forms can also submitted along with required documents at any designated UBL Branch by November 3, 2010 with a Processing Fee of Rs.300.
Designated branches of UBL are:
- Nazimabad Chowrangi
- Malir Township (Tanki)
- University Road (Opposite Baitul Mukarram)
- Landhi Industrial Area
- Haidery (Opposite Police Station)
- Hamid Square (Gulshan-e-Iqbal)
- Shah Faisal Colony (Near A1 Hospital)
- Rashid Minhas Road
- Defence Garden
- Binnori Town
- Sakhi Hassan
For further information on offered programs, admission guidelines and queries, you may please contact:
University of Karachi
Telephone: (+92 21) 99261300-06 Ext 2479