Admissions are currently open in Evening Program to Master and Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programs at the University of Karachi for the academic session 2010.
University of Karachi, the largest public University of Pakistan, known for the quality education, enviable academic environment and wonderful infrastructure was established in 1951.
Keeping in view a very high number of applicants, the University conducts evening classes in several departments at the BS and Masters level as well as postgraduate Diplomas. The Directorate of Evening Program was established in 1995.
Master’s programs offered are:
- Administrative Sciences (one year after PGDPA)
- Agriculture and Agribusiness Management
- Applied Physics (with specialization in Electronics)
- Applied Statistics
- Commerce (General / Insurance)
- Criminology (Department of Sociology)
- Economics and Finance
- English Linguistics / Literature (one year only)
- Environmental Sciences
- Health and Physical Education
- Human Resource Management
- International Relations
- Mass Communication
- MBA Banking and Finance
- Petroleum Technology
- Physics (with specialization in Electronics and Communication)
- Population Sciences
- Public Administration
- Transport Management
- Women Studies
All Master’s programs except MA Linguistics / Literature, and MAS are of two years (4 Semesters) duration.
Diploma programs offered are:
- Audiology and Speech Pathology (PGD)*
- Contemporary Arabic
- Criminology (PGD Department of Sociology)
- Computer Science (PGD)
- Economics and Finance (PGD)*
- Environmental Sciences (PGD)
- Inclusive Education (PGD Special Education)
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology (PMD)
- Investigative Psychology (PGD)
- Local Government (DLG)
- Petroleum Technology (PGD)
- Public Administration (PGD)*
- Quranic Arabic Language
- Special Education (PGD)*
* Leading to Master’s.
Who should enroll?
- Candidates wishing to join the University to have an early start.
- In-service candidates who are keen to improve their qualification and skills.
- Female students are encouraged to enroll.
- There are already 35% girls studying in the Evening program.
- There is no restriction on year of passing but the pre-requisite examination must have been passed from a recognized Institution/University.
- Candidates having Master’s degree are not eligible for second Master’s degree and Diploma programs.
- Evening Program runs from 3:30 pm to 8:30 pm. At Master’s level classes are normally held between 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
- Admission booklet with application form will be available at United Bank Limited (UBL), Silver Jubilee Gate from May 31 to June 9, 2010 (9:30 am to 5:00 pm) and (5:00 pm to 7:30 pm) from UBL University Campus Branch against payment of Rs. 600 only.
- Duly filled in forms along with copies of relevant documents will be accepted till June 9, 2010 at the Silver Jubilee Gate (9:30 am to 5:00 pm) and at the UBL University Campus Branch, University of Karachi (5:00 pm to 7:30 pm).
- Incomplete forms will be rejected and no application will be entertained.
- Eligibility, number of seats, admission procedure, date of entry test (where applicable) and other details are mentioned in the admission booklet and also on the Evening program section of the University of Karachi website.
There are two semesters in a year. During the holy month of Ramazan, the classes remain suspended to save students from any possible hardship due to fasting.
Although Evening Program is on self-finance basis yet the fee structure is very affordable and highly subsidized.
Tuition fee is charged in each semester. The fee ranges from Rs.11,000 to Rs.24,000 per semester for different degree programs.
Complete details of admission fee, tuition fee, examination fee and fees for foreign students in the Evening program is available on the University of Karachi website.
Directorate of Evening Program
University of Karachi
Telephone: (+92 21) 99261300 – 7 Extension: 2339 Direct: (+92 21) 99261574
If this post was of interest to you, you may also like to sign up for daily e-mail alerts to stay informed about latest in educational landscape in Pakistan.