University of Karachi has announced admissions to M.S./M.Phil./Ph.D. and M.S. (Surgery)/M.D. (Medicine) for session 2011.
Admissions are open to following disciplines at University of Karachi institutes and faculties:
Faculty of Arts
- Arabic, Economics, Education, English (Literature), General History, International Relations, I.R. (Peace and Conflict Studies), Islamic History, Mass Communication, Persian, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sindhi, Sociology, Social Work, Special Education and Urdu
Faculty of Science
- Applied Chemistry, Chemistry, Botany, Biochemistry, Computer Science, Food Science and Technology, Genetics, Geography, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Statistics and Zoology
Faculty of Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy and Pharmacology
Faculty of Management and Administrative Science
- Karachi University Business School
Faculty of Medicine
- MS (Surgery) and M.D. (Medicine)
Faculty of Law
- Ph.D. (Only)
- At least sixteen years of studies (Masters Degree: MA, M.Sc., MBA, MPA, MAS, MIS, M.Com, 4-years B.S., B.Pharm., Pharm.D., MBBS, BDS, DVM) or its equivalent qualification with at least second division in the relevant field from a recognized university.
- However, Candidates with MBBS, BDS, DVM or equivalent qualification will be required to undertake 15 credit hour courses (300-600 Level) in addition to 24-credit hour M.S. / M.Phil. courses (700 Level).
For M.S. (Surgery) / M.D. (Medicine):
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) and BDS or equivalent qualification from a recognized university plus one year House Job.
- M.S., M.Pharm., M.Phil., LL.M. or its equivalent qualification in the relevant field from a recognized university.
- The admission will be granted on the basis of test/ interview by departmental research committee.
- Admission to Ph.D. program is made on a competitive basis. (The minimum period for completion of Ph.D. program shall be two (2) years whereas maximum period shall be five (5) years.)
The Prospectus and Karachi University Entrance Test Form can be downloaded from the website (www.uok.edu.pk) and complete application along with required documents and processing fee of Rs.1,000 in form of pay order in favor of University of Karachi be submitted to the respective department from March 14, 2011 to March 22, 2011. Incomplete and late applications will not be entertained.
List of eligible candidates for Karachi University Entrance Test will be displayed on website and departmental notice board on Thursday March 31, 2011.
Eligible candidates for Karachi University Entrance Test will be required to collect Admit Cards during March 31 to April 02, 2011 from the relevant Departments/Centers/ Institutes.
The Karachi University Entrance Test will be held on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 10:00 am. The candidates are required to report at 9:30 am at their respective Departments/ Centers/Institutes along with Admit Card and original CNIC. For further information/details, please visit website (www.uok.edu.pk).
Admission will be granted purely on the basis of eligibility merit, availability of seats and supervisors. University of Karachi reserves the right to refuse Admission without assigning any reason.
No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the employer is required to be attached with Admission Form and routed through proper channel in case of in-service candidates.
M.S./Ph.D. programs are also offered by the following research institutes/centers of University of Karachi:
- Dr. A.Q. Khan Institute of Biotechnology and Genetics Engineering (Biotechnology-KIBGE)
- Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular Medicine (Molecular Medicine)
- HEJ Research Institute of Chemistry (Chemistry-HEJ)
- Institute of Sustainable Halophytes (Botany-ISHU)
- National Nematological Research Center (Nematology)
- National Center for Proteomics (Biochemistry-NCP)
For further information, you may please contact:
University of Karachi,
Room 20, First Floor, Administration Building,
Telephone: +92 (021) 99261300-07 Ext. 2217, 99261368
Email: basr (at) uok (dot) edu (dot) pk