Faculty of Arts
- General History
- International Relations
- Islamic History
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Special Education
Faculty of Science
- Computer Science
- Food Science and Technology
Faculty of Islamic Studies
- Islamic Learning
- Quran and Sunnah
- Usool uddin and Islamic Studies (SZIC)
Faculty of Pharmacy
Faculty of Management and Administrative Science
- Karachi University Business School
- Public Administration
Faculty of Medicine
- MS (Surgery)
- MD (Medicine)
Faculty of Law
- PhD (Only)
Institutes / Centers
MPhil / PhD program is offered by the following research institutes / centers of University of Karachi:
- Dr. A.Q. Khan Institute of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering (Biotechnology-KIBGE)
- Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular Medicine (Molecular Medicine)
- HE J Research Institute of Chemistry (Chemistry-HEJ)
- Institute of Sustainable Halophyte (Botany-ISHU)
- National Hematological Research Center (Nematology)
- National Center for Proteomics (Biochemistry-NCP)
- Institute of Space and Planetary Astrophysics (ISPA)
- Center of Excellence for Women’s Studies (Women’s Studies)
- Institute of Marine Science: (M.A.S.; one year degree program only)
For MPhil (Coursework):
- At least sixteen years of studies (Master’s degree: MA, MSc, MBA, MAS, MIS, MCom, 4-years BS, BPharm, PharmD, MBBS, BDS, DVM) or its equivalent qualification with at least second division in the relevant field from a recognized university. However, candidates with MBBS, BDS, DVM or equivalent qualification will be required to undertake 15 credit hour courses (300-600 Level) in addition to 24-credit hour MPhil courses (700 Level).
For MS (Surgery) / MD (Medicine):
- Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelors of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) and BDS or equivalent qualification from a recognized university in addition to one year house job with valid Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) registration.
- MS, MPharm, MPhil, LLM or its equivalent qualification in the relevant field from a recognized University
The admission will be granted on the basis of test/ interview to be held by the Departmental Research Committee (DRC) in accordance with the instructions given in the Admission Prospectus.
- The Prospectus and Karachi University Entrance Test Form can be downloaded from the University of Karachi website and complete Application Form along with required documents and processing fee of Rs.1,000 (pay order) in favor of University of Karachi can be submitted to the respective departments from April 02 to 17, 2012. Incomplete and late applications will not be entertained.
- List of eligible candidates for Karachi University Entrance Test will be displayed on the UOK website and departmental notice board on Monday, April 23, 2012.
- Eligible candidates for Karachi University Entrance Test will be required to collect Admit Cards during April 24, 2012 to May 05, 2012 from the relevant departments/centers/ institutes.
- The Karachi University Entrance Test will be held on Sunday, May 06, 2012 at 10:00 am. The candidates are required to report at 9:30 am at their respective departments/ centers/institutes along with Admit Card and original CNIC. For further information/details, please visit Karachi University website.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the employer routed through proper channel in case of in-service candidates is required to be attached with the Admission Form.
For further information, you may please contact:
University of Karachi,
Main University Road, Karachi-75270, Sindh, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (021) 99261574, 99261300-07 Ext 2339
E-mail at admissions (at) uok.edu.pk