Faculty of Engineering and Technology, University of the Punjab has invited applications for admission, to be made in accordance with the University rules, to the below-mentioned 4-year degree courses for Session 2010-2011 in the following programs:
- Regular Morning Program
- Self-Supporting Evening Program
- B.Sc. (Engineering) Chemical Engineering
- B.Sc. (Engineering) Chemical Engineering (with specialization in Petroleum and Gas Technology)
- B.Sc. (Engineering) Metallurgy and Materials Engineering*
- B.Sc. (Engineering) Electrical Engineering*
- B.Sc. (Engineering) Industrial Engineering and Management*
* Not offered in Self-Supporting Evening Program.
- Must be domiciled in Punjab.
- Must have appeared in the Combined Pre-Admission Entry Test conducted by the University of Engineering and Technology (U.E.T.) Lahore, on September 19, 2010. The Test is mandatory for admission and will carry 30% weight-age for determining merit.
- Must have passed examination in year 2008, 2009 and Spring 2010 obtaining at least 60% marks:
- F.Sc. (Pre-Engineering) or equivalent* OR
- B.Sc. or equivalent with any of the following subject combinations : (i) Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (ii) Physics, Chemistry, Statistics (iii) Physics, Mathematics A and B Course (iv) Physics, Mathematics, Statistics (v) Chemistry, Mathematics A and B Course (vi) Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, preceded by F.Sc.(Pre-Engineering) OR
- Relevant Diploma of Associate Engineer from the Board of Technical Education in Chemical Technology / Chemical Processing Technology/ Petroleum Technology / Petrochemical / Metallurgy and Welding / Foundry and Pattern Making / Electrical Technology / Electronics.
- Must not be above 24 years of age (F.Sc. / DAE basis) and not above 26 years (B.Sc. basis) on September 19, 2010.
- The candidate applying on the basis of A Level qualification must submit both O Level and A Level Equivalence Certificates from the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), Islamabad.
Prospectus, along with prescribed application form, will be available on cash payment of Rs.400 (on all working days including Saturdays) from the Admission Cell at the Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Quaid-e-Azam Campus (New Campus) w.e.f. September 27, 2010.
Prospectus may also be obtained through post by sending a postal order/bank draft for Rs. 450 drawn in favor of the Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, University of the Punjab, Quaid-e-Azam Campus (New Campus), Lahore-54590, along with the mailing address.
Application on the prescribed form duly filled in and accompanied by requisite documents mentioned in the prospectus must reach by hand/by post in the Admission Cell of the Faculty by October 16, 2010 (up to 4:00 p.m.).
Application shall not be received through any means after the closing date for submission.
For further information on offered programs, admission guidelines and queries, you may please contact:
Prof. Dr. Javaid Ahmad
Principal, College of Engineering and Emerging Technologies
Prof. Dr. Zahoor ul Hassan Rizvi
Director, Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology
Dr. Aamir Ijaz
Director; Institute of Quality and Technology Management
Faculty of Engineering and Technology,
University of the Punjab, Quaid-e-Azam Campus (New Campus),
Telephone: (+92 42) 99231261, Ext. 138, 042-99232048-50 Ext.138