Directorate of Advanced Studies, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences has invited applications for admission to M.Phil. and Ph.D. degree programs for the session 2010-11.
M.Phil. (Evening Program)
Lahore Campus: Bio-informatics
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree (sixteen years of schooling or 4 years of education after F.Sc., Pre-Medical) minimum 2nd Division with 50% marks according to annual system or minimum CGPA 2.50/4.00 according to the semester system from a recognized university in Biological Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics or any other related field of study.
GAT TEST: Candidates who have passed the GAT arranged by NTS (50% Accumulative score) are eligible to apply for admission to M.Phil.
Ph.D. (Morning Program)
Lahore Campus: Pharmacology & Toxicology, Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Parasitology, Pathology, Epidemiology & Public Health, Theriogenology, Food and Nutrition,
Ravi Campus, Pattoki: Animal Nutrition, Poultry Production, Livestock Management, Animal Breeding & Genetics, Dairy Technology, Wildlife and Ecology, Fisheries and Aquaculture.
Ph.D. (Evening Program)
Lahore Campus: Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Bioinformatics
Ravi Campus Pattoki: Wildlife & Ecology, Fisheries & Aquaculture
Students admitted in evening program will have to pay Rs.45,000 per semester in addition to the regular university dues. Candidates are required to submit separate forms for this program.
Eligibility: The candidates must have M.Sc. (Hons.)/M.Phil. degree in related field of study with minimum of 1st. Div. according to Annual System or not less than CGPA 3.00/4.00 according to semester system from HEC recognized Universities.
GRE (Subject Test): Candidates will have to clear the GRE (subject) test which will be arranged by UVAS. Qualifying score is 70%.
- Govt. Department nominees are required to produce NOC at the time of submission of application otherwise their application will not be entertained.
- Limited hostel facilities are available for boys only on first come first basis. No hostel facility is available for girls.
- Students Orientation Program (SOP) is mandatory to attend and qualify in 1st attempt before enrolment/admission in M.Phil. and Ph.D.
- Students already applied for admission in Ph.D. and could not qualify the GRE (Subject) Test conducted by the UVAS are required to apply again.
Application forms and prospectus can be downloaded from the University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences website www.uvas.edu.pk but an amount of Rs. 200/- per form will have to be paid at the time of submission of application form (at Habib Bank Ltd., Civil Line Branch, Lahore in Account No. 13545-1 or in the form of Bank Draft in the name of Treasurer, UVAS, Lahore).
- Last date for receipt of applications (in the office of Director of Advanced Studies during office hours): August 20, 2010
- List of short listed M.Phil. candidates to be displayed at university website and notice board August 23, 2010
- GRE test of Ph. D. candidates: August 24, 2010
- Interviews of the qualified/short-listed candidates to be held in the Seminar room of the University: August 25, 2010 at 09.00 AM
- Merit List to be displayed at UVAS Website and Notice Board: August 26, 2010
- Students Orientation Program (SOP): August 27, 2010 to September 7, 2010
- Enrolment: September 20, 2010
For further information, you may please contact:
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Sarwar Khan
Director Advanced Studies
University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences
Syed Abdul Qadir Jillani (Out Fall) Road, Lahore, Pakistan.
Telephone: (+92 42) 99212865, 99211374 Ext: 151,152,155